Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morelocks
    • Jul 2009

Propecia - Denial?

Coming off the back of another thread discussing everyone's experiences with propecia, I am just really curious about why no one seems to mention the one thing that concerns me the most about being on it ...coming off it when wanting to try for children.

I am struggling to understand why this isn't discussed more when it is the one thing that doctors will mention when prescribing propecia and not to mention that it is also a warning on the back of the box.

Is this just not that important to everyone else or is it just a case of denial?

For those of you who may not be aware, coming off propecia will accelerate your hair loss to where it should have been without the aid of finasteride in only a matter of a few months. I've come off propecia and rogaine in the past (never gona back on rogaine) and the shedding was not a joke.

I figured maybe it'd be a cool thing for everyone on here using Finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) to give their experiences in one thread so anyone considering doing it can check it out. It'd be easier to write a small quick summary good or bad instead of going into depth... but it's your call if you have more time to put
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

I have had many patients over the years that were taking Propecia and were able to have children while never discontinuing the medication. Most people would agree that having healthy children trumps the possibility of some hair loss.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...