Should I give Finasteride a last shot? (strong sides) - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I give Finasteride a last shot? (strong sides)

Hey there,

I took oral finasteride at a very low dose (0.25mg every third day) for more than 12 months. It stopped my hair loss almost completely

After some time I realised that my libido went massivly down and that I felt more numb during sex so I decided to stop taking it. After 2 months my libido came back totally.

But after 4 months a short but massive shedding process began so I tried to get back on it.

After taking one dose of 0.25mg I was unable to get an erection for several days which was really weird

Afterwards I tried 0.125 Mg (an 8th of a 1mg pill) and got almost the same side effect!

How is this possible? I really regret that I stopped taking it in the first place du to lower side effects in the beginning

As a result I started to use 1% topical Finasteride Gel daily from Farmacja Parati for 7 weeks now. It did not stop the hair loss and I even have the impression of some shedding. The sides are lower than on any oral Finasteride dose: An erection is possible but the libido is still decreased as on not being on Finasteride totally

So my questions are:
    How comes that I get worse side effects after the oral Finasteride break?

Should I give oral Finasteride another try? If so, at which dose and how long I take it to hope that the sides will disappear?

How long should I try topical finasteride to see if there is any effect?

Are there alternatives to Finasteride which may give me less sides? I am applying Minoxidil 5% daily since 7 weeks on the back of my head but I did not see any results at the moment (despite the shedding in the front where I apply only the topical finasteride)

I was in same situation to you and I quit after multiple attempts. Just my opinion If you want to give it a final shot you could try morr-f which minoxodil mixed with topical finasteride so less goes systemic. But I still got sides with that so I'd suggest using it like twice a week using only minoxodil on the in between days, i you still get sides then quit for good cause that's as mild a propecia regime as you can get.

If it gives sides Google Trinov a new treatment just released in pharmacies. Only problem is it's only Italian pharmies currently as it's not been released worldwide yet so you have to order it from an Italian pharmacy website using Google translator and pay for shipping to wherever your from. But Trinov is meant to inhibit scalp dht without sides.

Good Luck