+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Avodart success or failure?

Ok I want some clear answers if Avodart worked for you....so please if you one of those that uses the fake avodart bought from the internet, this thread is not for you.

For those of you taking THE REAL avodart:

What dose are you on?
    Does it work for you?
    How long does it take to see results?
    Can you describe your results?
    Were you on propecia before avodart?
    What was the time period between quiting propecia and starting avodart?

i'm on .5mg/day and it does work. i noticed my hair thickening within a week. my thinning is in the crown and it thickened it up quite a bit. i had been on propecia for about 7 years before switching. i didn't have a break between meds. avodart is definitely a better med for hair loss than propecia. i also use rogaine foam twice a day.

how many years have you been using avodart now?

i just started using the brand name stuff about 2 months ago (maybe more), but before that i used the generic stuff for three years. the generic stuff worked better than the brand name propecia.

Did you switch to avodart because propecia was losing effectiveness?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

no, i was experimenting. i wanted to see if avodart was more effective. my crown had thinned a bit and propecia had thickened it and halted any furthur loss/thinning. a few friends had been using dutasteride with good results, so i switched to it and noticed additional thickening. after three years, i was able to get a hold of the brand name stuff and it has been even more effective. i haven't experienced any negative side effects.

yep. ive been takin avodart for almost a year now and have had incredible results. doctor prescribed it to me over propecia, cuz i was desperate, so he gave me the "stronger drug"

Quote Originally Posted by mkamph View Post
    no, i was experimenting. i wanted to see if avodart was more effective. my crown had thinned a bit and propecia had thickened it and halted any furthur loss/thinning. a few friends had been using dutasteride with good results, so i switched to it and noticed additional thickening. after three years, i was able to get a hold of the brand name stuff and it has been even more effective. i haven't experienced any negative side effects.
    How long have you and your friends been using avodart with success? I'm trying to determine how long its been affective for most people.

I took Avodart over a period of 18 months. This was immediately after taking propecia for 12 months. Unfortunately neither drug seemed to slow my loss. I started off at .5mg/day of Avodart and after 12 months, I stepped up to 1mg/day. That lasted for 3 months, then I tried an additional 3 months at 1.5mg/day... still saw no improvement. I also do believe I suffered from side effects on Avodart. I stopped taking the medication as I seem to have to began developing gynecomastia. It does seem to have subsided somewhat after me being off Avodart for the past few months. It's a very expensive drug on top of that, I just wish I had some positive feedback from it. Many others do seem to have success with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    I took Avodart over a period of 18 months. This was immediately after taking propecia for 12 months. Unfortunately neither drug seemed to slow my loss. I started off at .5mg/day of Avodart and after 12 months, I stepped up to 1mg/day. That lasted for 3 months, then I tried an additional 3 months at 1.5mg/day... still saw no improvement. I also do believe I suffered from side effects on Avodart. I stopped taking the medication as I seem to have to began developing gynecomastia. It does seem to have subsided somewhat after me being off Avodart for the past few months. It's a very expensive drug on top of that, I just wish I had some positive feedback from it. Many others do seem to have success with it.
    Have you thought about 2-2.5mg a day of avodart??