+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dr Bhatti : 2500 FUE Grafts : 14th Feb 2019

So here goes my story :

Current scenario : am 29 years old currently. Have a receding hairline ( not much ). Hair all over the top have thinned but thankfully are still present on the entire top .
    Have been taking finasteride 1 mg daily for the past 5 years . Have also been taking biotin/vit&min supplement daily for past 4 years

Past :

20 years : started noticing a receding hairline.

23 years : Hair thinning all over but hairline recede did not progress thankfully

25 years : Was so depressed with thin hair that I decided to shave my head. Started applying minoxidil and taking finax regularly hoping to restore my hair.mad.gif.
    Applied and took both these meds for a year.
    Shaved my head again: kept on applying and taking meds . Developed severe psoriosis and sabbhoric dermatitis on scalp. Applied meds for psoriosis too.
    Essentially lost 2 years of my life . In these 2 years I did nothing fruitful other than to try to get back my hair.All this trial eventually led to a massive depression episode.

27 years : Sense and a new opportunity career vise forced me out of this vicious circle.Left applying minoxidil.Continued taking finasteride and a hair supplement tab .

28 year : A job transfer to a place with extremely hard water , developing chronic seborrheic dermatitis , applying various topical medicines for the same caused further loss in year 2017 and 2018 .To the extent that bare scalp was visible in front region of scalp.

So in January 2019 I was suggested by my local dermatologist to consider a hair transplant.

Started doing research. After months of doing the same finally landed in Chandigarh to Dr Bhatti's clinic in may 2018 .He suggested me 2500 grafts for hairline , temple creation and mid scalp.

For months thought over again , major doubts being -

1 Should I go for a hair transplant at all at this stage or wait to go more bald

2 Will I end up even worse after a transplant since I still had hair on my scalp which could get lost due to shockloss.

Consulted two more reputed clinics in Delhi - Eugenix and Medispa ( Dr Suneet Soni )

So after thinking and getting fed up of hiding my hair loss I took an appointment with Dr Bhatti for second consultation on 18th September 2018. Met him and cleared some doubts . but then unfortunately I was deputed on site by my office .

Finally decided to take the plunge ,paid the advance on 1 December 2018 and have been confirmed the date on 1 March 2019.
    Waiting for the date eagerly ( 69 days to go : Have a tracker on my phone )

Have been suggested 2500 grafts for hairline ,temple creation and mid scalp by the doctor ( this was in may 2018 hence may even go a little higher now )

Attaching pictures of doctors prescription and my current photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180613-WA0005.jpg

Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	60386Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_154759.jpg

Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	60387Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_153036 (1).jpg

Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	60388Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_155145.jpg

Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	60389Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_154448.jpg

Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	60390Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_153320.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	60391Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_153125.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	60392Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_153036.jpg

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	60393Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_152825.jpg

Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	60394

Let's see how it goes , will update my journey with you guys on this thread

Good luck! Looks like with some hairspray you can do a pretty good job of hiding it? Thank god for hairspray

Default Date preponed to 14th February 2019

Hi guys .
    So the latest update is that the date for my hair transplant has been preponed to 14th February : that is 10 days from today.

Reason for this is that Dr Bhatti wanted to do my hair transplant on a weekday and see my condition the next day .the previous date given to me was falling on a Friday and the next day being a saturday , doctor is not available at the clinic.
    The reason why Dr Bhatti wanted to see me the next day is that I suffer from sabbhoric dermatitis of scalp ( which is nothing but a more severe form of dandruff ). He said that he wanted to see me the next day after my hair transplant due to this.
    It is a mild condition in which your scalp is extra oily , sometimes scales are formed . To keep it under control I use ketocanazole shampoo twice a week.
    Doctor has said that it is not much of an issue . I had offered to visit my dermatologist for inspection but according to Dr Bhatti it is not required.

So all in all , for preparation
    Have booked two rooms at a hotel in Chandigarh from 13th Feb to 16th Feb . My parents will be with me.
    Have applied leaves at office from 13th Feb to 24th Feb . So I will have 10 days to look all right and return to office .
    Have booked train tickets and will be reaching Chandigarh on 13th Feb around 11pm.
    Other than that have bought some caps and bandanas .
    So all is set just counting days for the procedure.

Default Finally have got the Hair Transpant Done Today

Currently back to my hotel room.

Other Details about my Transplant-

1 Started at 8.45 am today . Was over at 2.45pm.

2 Around 2470 grafts

Will Write a detailed post soon .

Attached are the pics yesterday in which Dr Bhatti made the hairline which I gave a go ahead on -

Name:	DEBUG_IMG_20190213_143145.jpg

Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	61239Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBUG_IMG_20190213_143151.jpg

Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	61240Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBUG_IMG_20190213_143209.jpg

Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	61241Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBUG_IMG_20190213_143213.jpg

Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	61242Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBUG_IMG_20190213_143215.jpg

Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	61243Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190213_143213_1.jpg

Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	61244

Also pics post hair transplant are attached-

Name:	IMG-20190214-WA0000.jpg

Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	61245Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190214-WA0001.jpg

Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	61246Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190214-WA00019.jpg

Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	61247

Awaiting Replies.

Well done - Dr Bhatti is excellent. Please keep us all updated !

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Well done - Dr Bhatti is excellent. Please keep us all updated !

Regards
    Spex
    Thanks Spex.Your guides have helped me a lot.

Intend to keep posting on this forum and also on hair restoration network periodically till 1 year mark .

Will also share the thread details with Dr Bhatti via email.

Default Detailed report

So Here goes my detailed report - Will try to keep it in points as I am better in writing that way.

Currently Day 3 post Op and recovering at home .

Day -1 -As mentioned above My HT date was 14th Feb . Had reached chandigarh on 13th Feb at 12pm*. Chandigarh is 7 hours away from my town and had taken a train. A hotel had already been prebooked .

Dr Bhatti's driver picked me up from the hotel at 1 pm for consultation 1 day prior. Met Dr Bhatti and his assistants Sonam and Shalini.*

Dr Bhatti quickly drew the hairline as shown* above to which I more or less agreed.

As usual anxious me had a couple of questions which I asked and Dr Bhatti gave short but clear answers to the same.

( Off Topic - Had already gone to Dr Bhatti 3 times prior to this since I stay just 7 hours drive away*, just for asking questions . Still had some more on HT day . I find it really courageous**of you guys to come to India from other countries for having HT done just by online consultation )

Was given some pretty standard medicines to take at night. Filled the forms*,made the payments ,**Got a blood test done *and was dropped back to the hotel by the driver.

So I was back in the hotel by 4pm at the most.

Day 0 - was picked up by the driver at 7am .

As soon as I reached the clinic the procedure started.

Dr Bhatti redrew the hairline he had drawn a day prior after this he himself shaved off my head. He mentioned that the hair in front ie midscalp are there and are able to currently*cover the area since I keep them*long but they will soon fall off anyway.He marked the line on my midscalp till which the transplantation will be done .

At 8.45 am the surgery started . Everything was standard as described in other threads.

Anaesthesia was given by doctor in donor area. Didnt pain much . Then Doctor bhatti proceeded to do the punches in donor area .

Here it was painless in some areas of scalp* while it pained a little in others . Dr Bhatti does try to distract you by talking about some other things during the process.

After this Dr Bhatti's team continued to take out the grafts till 11.20 am .*

Was given a light breakfast.

Post this Dr Bhatti anaesthetised the recipient area, again it pained a little during initial 10 minutes. Then the slits were made which feels like someone cutting a piece of paper . It was totally painless.

After this Dr Bhatti's team proceeded to implant the grafts.One positive comment by one of the girls in the team ( couldnt see her face to recognize ) was that results will be good in my case since the number of double haired grafts are more. Felt pretty happy listening to this.

By 2 pm everything was over .*

Was given a pizza and coke for lunch and asked to change to my normal clothes.

Dr Bhatti then did the dressing and explained the care for that day ( which I already knew by heart because of his videos on youtube )

Was back at the hotel by 4 pm .

So pretty standard stuff like mentioned in other threads . Some thoughts from my side -

1 It feels more like a treatment than a surgery*

2 Dr Bhatti and his**team is very disciplined* just like an army man should be. Things happen with such an ease that you sometimes feel unsettling because for you it is a big day for which you have planned for a year so you expect some drama.

3 You can compare the pain to a visit to a dentist maybe .

4 No pain/discomfort at all post surgery .You can literally forget about it if you don't look in the mirror.

So took all the care the day of the procedure. The most difficult part is to sit without any work and watch /read something* and to sleep upright late at night. I slept on a chair with a neck pillow at about 3 am.

Day +1 - Was picked up by Dr Bhatti's driver at 8 am . Dressing was changed . Everything looked normal in recipient area as per doctor.

Was explained post op care* thoroughly .*

Was explained the graft count Here it is -

total grafts - 2466

single- 217

double-1272

triple - 977

In hairline and mid scalp 2050 grafts were implanted. In Left temple 244 grafts were implanted In Right temple 172 grafts were implanted.

As per discharge note it is written that 2200 more grafts can be implanted if needed.When I asked Dr Bhatti also told me that donor quality is fair but density is little less.

Since 2466 grafts were implanted instead of 2500 , I was returned back the payment for remaining grafts .*

By 11 am was again back in the hotel

Day +2 - Since I was in Chandigarh this morning too , Dr bhatti's driver picked me up from the hotel at 9 am.

Dressing was removed today from the donor area .

Post this I took a cab to my hometown which is a 4 hour drive .

Currently I am On Day +3 . No discomfort at all.* . Following all instructions to the T.Passing time at home is surely difficult.

Have taken 10 days off from office so have 10 days post op to look normal again and return back to office unnoticed. If the scabs /redness* still remains after 10 days , I will wear a baseball cap in office to hide the signs . ( Have already bought 3 caps and a bandana )

At this point I can just thank Dr Bhatti , His team ( Sonam ,Shalini and others who performed the procedure but I do not know their names ) for making the entire process pretty easy , uneventful and without any unnecessary surprises.

Now geared up for the long wait ahead . Best way seems to focus on other aspects of my life and keep HT on a backburner for the next 5 months atleast . Intend to this after the initial 15 days in which post op care is required.

Fill be posting pics in some time.

Default day 4 pics

Name:	DEBUG_IMG_20190218_135728.jpg

Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	61272Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190218_135649.jpg

Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	61273Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190218_135715.jpg

Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	61274Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190218_135747.jpg

Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	61275Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190218_135829.jpg

Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	61276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190218_135902.jpg

Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	61277Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190218_140342.jpg

Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	61278Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190218_140347.jpg

Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	61279

It looks good, clean work. Bhatti is one of my favourites and best candidates to do my transplant, the only concern is the density, most of his jobs show low density, I still don't know if that is by choice or some other reason. I am sure Spex will be able to clear my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spela View Post
    It looks good, clean work. Bhatti is one of my favourites and best candidates to do my transplant, the only concern is the density, most of his jobs show low density, I still don't know if that is by choice or some other reason. I am sure Spex will be able to clear my doubts.
    I also had this doubt since the same is mentioned in some threads on hairrestoration network too. However I feel that the density looks low immediately post op in Dr Bhatti's cases however the results density is not low.

I think you can also go to Dr Bhattis site darling buds and go to FAQ section Dr Bhatti has answered this over there.