+ Reply to Thread

Default What´s the current situation?

Hi there,

I am 27 yrs old and especially my temples are thinning more and more and i am getting more and more nervous About "the cure" or whether I should opt for a transplant in near future.

Question to start with if anyone feels like answering: Do I Need to shave or cut the hair really short Prior to a transplant or can I also Keep longer hair?

Next Thing: I dont want balding stealing too much time from me and thats why i am not really following the forum and just Google the Topic from time to time with some promising new studies. latest this one: https://startsat60.com/health/scient...chool-medicine

Would anyone be so Kind for me and give me a short Outlook and a small conclusion of whats going on in this field in the present? What are the most exciting developments? Who are the big Players to hope for? Whats on the horizon? How long does it roughly still take?
    I am really thankful for that and i think that many other sufferers out there feel the same and are happy to read an up to date conclusion, when they find this post on Google. Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas

Cheers
    David

If you're asking if there are any new developments in the hair loss field then I hate to tell you this but I don't think there is anything new nor will there be anything for the next 10 or even 20 years at the very least. 6 years or so ago there was a lot of talk about some new promising companies and research and 2014 was supposed to be "the year" when we were going to hear "the good news" but then..... NOTHING. I think those companies no longer even exist. Of course I never had any doubt it was all going to be just hot air and nothing more but the "optimists" thought I was just a "pessimist" blah blah blah. Well, looks who's right.

Long story short - don't expect anything new any time soon - I mean like in the next 10 years at least. Not enough is being done to find a solution to this horrible affliction (baldness). Your best bid and probably the only viable one is hair transplant despite it being not the perfect one. The way I look at it, it's much better to have some hair (by getting an HT) than to be completely bald. For those with minimal to moderate hair loss an HT can be a perfect solution depending on the amount of available donor hair.

Not the news you want to hear but it's reality.

At least 10-20 years? That’s laughable. Where you getting these numbers from? Or are you just grossly speculating?

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    At least 10-20 years? That’s laughable. Where you getting these numbers from? Or are you just grossly speculating?
    Well if you look at the promises of new products that never materialize then victomofdht might be right. I had a 2 inch thick file from the last 20 years of "hair loss cures" available within 5 years none of which made it to us. Replicel was suppose to be available this year...i was planning on being in Japan for treatment this month now replicel is saying 18 months. Histogen who knows what is going on with that, i think it is some kind of ponzi scam to get investors. So the years keep ticking by with promises and flat out lies from company while our hair slowly disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    "laughable" !! You must be one of those "optimistic" dreamers. I got those numbers from reality. Read Mrclean reply and that should give you the answer. I can't even count the number of times they said a cure would be found in "the next 5 years"... They've been saying that since the 90's if not even before. That was 30 years ago. They're not even close to finding a cure. Hell, they still can't understand why the hair in the front and top is affected by DHT while the hair on the sides and back isn't. When they figure it out they might be closer to finding a cure. Until then it's all just hot air and empty promises. Wake me up when the cure is here.