Threaded View

Hi Optic_Eye:

I came across your original post in this thread and found it to be extremely informative and useful.

I have been on Propecia for the past 8 years. I must say that the drug completely stopped my hair-loss. However, over time I began feeling a very slight decrease in libido over time. I didn’t have a steady girlfriend during that time so the occasional sex was good, but slowly but surely libido was falling. I attributed it to age (I am turning 38). I always had a very strong libido during my 20s and even at times when I was on propecia, but I didn’t feel concerned about it.

I started seeing my girlfriend last year and we got married 4 months ago. The sex has been good but infrequent. I could completely relate to your story (penis being numb, sex seeming like a chore sometimes). The urge for sex would come on and off, but became highly inconsistent. Just two weeks back, the drive was back big time, but then it disappeared once again.

I refuse to believe that at 38 my drive has gone down so much due to age alone. I am very active and fit guy, and I have decided to get off Propecia. I have been off it for less than a week now, and the libido is still super quiet right now.

I do not think that having no hair-loss is more preferable to the loss of libido with the love of my life. I will probably get a hair transplant when the hair start falling out. My only concern right now is to get the healthy sex life back.

I wanted to let you know that your post was the single biggest factor in me deciding that Propecia is history for me.

Would love to hear your update since you have been off Propecia for almost three years now.