Clear All
  • SBTRKT
    • Aug 2011

Did you get better optic eye?

Comment

• Nitro
      • Dec 2008

Dr Dan,

I've been on Propecia for 11 yrs and within the last year or two started experiencing lower libido, weaker erections, etc. Be only 35 yrs. old I thought this was too early to be an age related problem and figured it had something to do with the long term usage of propecia. I spoke to my doctor about the issues I was having and he suggested we do some blood work to see if my testosterone was normal. It ended up coming back a little low so he prescribed a low dosage of Axiron(test gel) to help get me back to where I need to be. It's been a week now and I feel incredible! My libido is coming back, my mood is improved, and I have energy again.

At this point in my life I wasn't ready to give up the propecia since it has worked well for me and I've been able to keep a majority of my hair. My question for you is will taking the test gel effect the propecia in a negative way? Since the gel is being applied to the skin will it produce DHT and in turn get to my head? I know propecia is a DHT blocker but will it block whatever is bring applied to my skin. I don't think my doctor would have prescribed it to me if it wasn't safe but in your opinion does this program okay?

Thanks for any info you might have on this subject.

Comment

• rockydsouza
        • Aug 2011

my biggest fear

This is my biggest fear. I just started with it. Will consult more with doc.

Thanks for sharing experience.

Comment

• BientotChauve
          • Sep 2011

I have been using finasteride for 1.5 years , I used propecia for 6months and then Finpecia. Except the lack of results regarding my hair, no problem with sex.

Comment

• samjone36
            • Apr 2012

Propecia Sexual dysfunction cure

Our findings suggest the possible role of loratadine in the treatment of SSRI-associated sexual dysfunction. They are promising, but preliminary. Thus they should be replicated in a longer large-scale, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.

Use the link above and see for yourself. Claritan (Loratadine) has been clinically determined to solve erectile dysfunction in men. I suffered from sexual dysfunction for many years after discontinuing propecia and stumbled upon this by accident. I tried Claritan for an allergy and the next day I noticed that I had regained full erectile function. Try it please and never give up hope.

Comment

• Johny.track131
              • Feb 2012

im bumping this thread for the last post above this one even though i havent tried propecia, but can anyone try samjone's advice and see if it helps relieve their side effects? This can give many many people new confidence in trying propecia!

Comment

• clandestine
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by samjone36
                http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15913872

Use the link above and see for yourself. Claritan (Loratadine) has been clinically determined to solve erectile dysfunction in men. I suffered from sexual dysfunction for many years after discontinuing propecia and stumbled upon this by accident. I tried Claritan for an allergy and the next day I noticed that I had regained full erectile function. Try it please and never give up hope.
                Good find.

Comment

• Johny.track131
                  • Feb 2012

bumping this again for the post quoted by clandestine^ I just hope it helps anyone

Comment

• clandestine
                    • Aug 2011

Good bump! I think more people suffering from sexual sides from finasteride use should try loratadine and see if they in any way resolve.

Comment

• chris123
                      • Aug 2011

I was on propecia for about 5 years and I would've swore I had no side effects. 75% of the time i could perform no problem, and the times i couldn't, I blamed limpness on tiredness. Now, 2 months later and off of propecia, I realize I hadn't performed at 100% for years!! I'm 32 and I swear i feel like a teenager again. It only took about 5 days off of propecia to notice the difference. I've been taking a combo of Beta Sisterol and Saw Palmetto complex and so far so good. Still early but I haven't noticed any additional hair loss.

Comment

• clandestine
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by chris123
                        I was on propecia for about 5 years and I would've swore I had no side effects. 75% of the time i could perform no problem, and the times i couldn't, I blamed limpness on tiredness. Now, 2 months later and off of propecia, I realize I hadn't performed at 100% for years!! I'm 32 and I swear i feel like a teenager again. It only took about 5 days off of propecia to notice the difference. I've been taking a combo of Beta Sisterol and Saw Palmetto complex and so far so good. Still early but I haven't noticed any additional hair loss.
                        Could you clarify what you mean when you say that you feel like a teenager again? i.e. you've come of propecia and sides have subsided?

Did you buy your SPC and beta sis online, or local?
                        Thanks

Comment

• gutted
                          • Jan 2011

this increase is due to the saw palmetto and beta sis.

in the coming weeks monitor your hairline, and libido, i suspect it to drop around the 2nd or 3rd month.

Comment

• khan
                            • Aug 2011

The first month i took saw palmetto, I felt like I was 15 again too. It was insane the first month. Then things went back to normal. But in my case the SPH cause my thing to sky-rocket the first month.

Comment

• gutted
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by khan
                              The first month i took saw palmetto, I felt like I was 15 again too. It was insane the first month. Then things went back to normal. But in my case the SPH cause my thing to sky-rocket the first month.
                              i noticed this too, but the effect weared off after a few weeks.

Comment

• damielmillo
                                • May 2011

Hey!! this is a great find. I have been suffering for ED now for 2 years after discontuniation of propecia...You say that this help you?
                                How is the intake? Do you have a better libido with this?
                                Propecia is a poison and has ruined my life. Hope this can help me.
                                Thanks!!

Comment

Working...