+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

I can't really tell you if this is an equivalent of Propecia but I use RU58841 - I am getting good results with it, you can google it - here is a link as well http://www.ru58841.info/

I just had FUE surgery done around two weeks ago and was talked into buying a one month supply of Propecia. I'm still recovering from sexual dysfunction from taking anti-depressants a few years back and didn't want to risk it again-- glad I decided to do research and found this thread.

My doctor keeps insisting that there's only a 1~2% chance of side effects; do they have a monetary incentive to promote people into taking Propecia? Anyways, not worth the risk of being dead sexually again, think I'll toss my prescription in the garbage.

Default reply/update

coppersocks i think the sooner u quit the better chance u will have of getting back to normal. I think im pretty much back to normal, i dont get absoloute raging boners rubbing one out but i dont really think i ever really did, only when i was having sex and was really excited id get them. I aint had sex with anyone yet since this happened so that will be the ultimate proof if im back to normal. I threw what propecia i had left in the bin, im back to having sexual dreams more often (not wet dreams though) and having morning erections etc. I think im still not producing the volume of semen i was before but i ll see how i get on.
    Just have to accept going bald, the problem i have is that ive got a very young looking face im 29, 30 this year and people think im 21/22 so my face and hair domt go together plus my head shape isnt the best and ive got a bit of a big head lol but i still seem to attract very good looking women so i dunno. The reason i was taking propecia was more for my self confidence really so i felt comfortable in how i looked.
    Ffs i should never of taken that shit.
    Looks mean nothing if u can attract women and u cant do anything sexually because propecia killed ur boner. Quit that shit.

Oh I have gotten off it. Been 9 days now. Luckily boner haven't been back since yesterday. That being said I'm having extreme difficulty sleeping which is causing very bad energy levels and mind fog. My biggest worry now is that I experience the crash that renders this long term. Do you mind telling me what you went through when you quit? Did you experience a crash after you quit? Fatigue or anything like that? And for how long? Thanks for your reply.

And yeah you're absolutely right. I couldn't give a **** about going bald tbh after going through this. I just want it over. My beardless Babyface be damnded!

Default Scared

Coppersocks ive only been off it myself now for around 12 days now so if there is a crash to come it hasnt hit me yet but im trying not think like that so hopefully we'll be ok and hopefully got off it in time that we havent done damage to our body. The only thing i noticed was a little but of gyno and watery semen. It simply just hit me the other week when i struggled to get a erection then the day after i couldnt get one at all so i stopped straight away and gradually been getting back to normal. Semen has gone back to being thicker but i think its a bit less than normal, i was just thinking im not sure if the sensation i have when bussin a nut is a bit diminished as well.
    I have no problems sleeping and im always pretty much tired anyway, a few years back i actually thought i was dying because i was so tired all the time so i went for blood tests which came back fine so im just a naturally tired person i guess lol.
    From what ive read from the propecia help webpage i think it says it takes about 2-4 weeka to fully get back to normal and for most things doctors say 6 weeks anyway so i ll see what the crack is when i get to that moment in time. If i get to that point and feel fine then i ll stop thinking about a crash because the human mind is a powerful tool and could mentally destroy myself if i continue to think like that.

Cantbelieveit, Ok I think we're pretty much in the same boat then atm. My erections are for the large part fine. Harder to maintain than pre fin but it is what it is and it's so much better than it was a week ago. I'm gonna do what you are doing and try just not to think about the crash. I would say I'm for the large part back to my normal self but I would definitely say I had it a bit worse than you initially as I had the energy and concentration levels were of someone who had the flu. I hadn't noticed any gyno at all but my semen was watery particularly during the first few months of taking fin and then it went back to normal. My sleep is still being disrupted somewhat and I still haven't slept throughout a full night. A couple of nights ago I literally woke up every hour so I got no REM sleep and I had an awful day at college with extreme fatigue but last night I managed to get about 5 hours uninterrupted and then got a few more so feeling better again today. I think this means that my hormones are still out but I'm just taking everyday as it comes. Couple things I've been doing that I feel have been beneficial; Cold showers for a minute or so twice a day as its good for the immune system and helps boost testosterone (I do it after my warm shower), meditation (more specifically Wim Hof's breathing techniques as it helps ALOT with the anxiety caused by this type of stress and again it's been proven to be extremely beneficial to the immune system so hopefully this translates to the endocrine system somewhat), eating healthy with little carbs as spikes in blood sugar can affect hormonal regulation, and I've also been taking a lot of vitamins (B complex, C, D 2000 and zinc).
    Good luck man, I'll keep you posted as I go.
    Last edited by coppersocks; 02-09-2017 at 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Yeah mate im taking vitamins as well, im taking vitamin D3, vitamin B3(niacin) and folic acid.
    To help boost testosterone and erections as sad as that sounds being 29 n all. But as of yesterday my dickheads been hurting a little bit like how it hurts if uve rubbed one too many out and it also hurts like ive been using sand paper to rub one out as well. Very weird, i may have had this happen to me before propecia but im not too sure.
    Back to playing the waiting game.....

Just a heads up, it's advised not to ejaculate too often during this period as it can stress out your endocrine system. I'm trying to do it only once every 5 or 6 days or so. I'm feeling slight twinges in my balls every now and then, not dissimilar to blue balls but nothing too serious. Hopefully that feeling you had will go away in the near future, at my worst a few days ago I felt really uncomfortable and numb like it was getting no circulation so I sat with a hot water bottle on it every evening, definitely helped. Ha this is seriously the most I've talked about me junk to anyone. Anyway, hopefully both of ours will be fine! Onwards and upwards.

Delete

yeah i ll stop whacking it for a while, i still think my erections are still not right as in they aint rock hard, i know i said i hardly got them like that anymore without being super aroused but i know before fin and even up til about 2 weeks ago they were definately stronger than what it is now. I hoped this wouldnt happen to me, looks like my luck is no good. But still a few more weeks to go and i ll see where im at.