+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thanks Blake Smith. When did you see the most growth? Month 3 to 4?

I actually have not had a transplant. I am on a Medical regiment to prolong or possibly prevent further loss. I am 27 and still have a lot of hair, so I am hoping to keep most of it if I can. Fingers crossed!

I am a Consultant for Dr. Arocha in Houston, TX. I follow up with all of our patients because this is something that is completely new for people who decide to move forward with a transplant. There are a lot of variables for growth and everyone is different. I've seen some patients have growth around months 3&4 that others don't see till months 5&6. Everyone is different and so is the timeframe. The earliest timeframe I have seen the biggest improvements have been around months 8&9 when about 80% of that growth has come in. The full growth cycle of a transplant is about 12 to 18 months so you still have a lot of time left. It takes patience but growth will continue to improve every month. The biggest indication of growth is "stubble" it almost feels like when you don't shave your beard for a few days and the hairs are rough like sandpaper. Those are the new follicles initial growth in the transplanted area. All the grafts will not grow in at the same time, so keep that in mind. This is why it takes time to get a better idea of the final outcome. So far it looks like you are off to a great start.

Make sure to reach out to your clinic and physician for follow-ups. They are very important. They are also the best ones to ask any questions you have because they know you and your case better than any of us online.

Keep us posted on your results and I wish you the best!

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeSmith View Post
    I actually have not had a transplant. I am on a Medical regiment to prolong or possibly prevent further loss. I am 27 and still have a lot of hair, so I am hoping to keep most of it if I can. Fingers crossed!

I am a Consultant for Dr. Arocha in Houston, TX. I follow up with all of our patients because this is something that is completely new for people who decide to move forward with a transplant. There are a lot of variables for growth and everyone is different. I've seen some patients have growth around months 3&4 that others don't see till months 5&6. Everyone is different and so is the timeframe. The earliest timeframe I have seen the biggest improvements have been around months 8&9 when about 80% of that growth has come in. The full growth cycle of a transplant is about 12 to 18 months so you still have a lot of time left. It takes patience but growth will continue to improve every month. The biggest indication of growth is "stubble" it almost feels like when you don't shave your beard for a few days and the hairs are rough like sandpaper. Those are the new follicles initial growth in the transplanted area. All the grafts will not grow in at the same time, so keep that in mind. This is why it takes time to get a better idea of the final outcome. So far it looks like you are off to a great start.

Make sure to reach out to your clinic and physician for follow-ups. They are very important. They are also the best ones to ask any questions you have because they know you and your case better than any of us online.

Keep us posted on your results and I wish you the best!
    Blake.
    From all the patients you have experienced in yours or Dr. Arocha's opinion at what month on average do you see the last of the hairs popping through the skin. The crown is another interesting topic, I hear alot of people talking about how the crown tends to take longer to come through. Is there any truth in that? and if so why ?

Default 4 months post op

Just over 4 months. Clearly see new hair but still not nearly dense enough. What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9CA36A6C-8FAF-448B-BCF2-FAD370BB9989.jpg

Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	62195   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005E89B-4A1F-4D6F-A903-F1592AC28FDF.jpg

Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	62196  

Very interested in how this turned out. Any updates or recent pictures? I'm in Georgia and so am interested in Dr. Danyo as a potential for my procedure. WOuld love to get any feedback you might have.