25 M - how bad is it? Is there any hope? Can I still rock styles longer than buzzcut? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy 25 M - how bad is it? Is there any hope? Can I still rock styles longer than buzzcut?

My receding temples became really noticeable about 4 years ago. According to my family I was "always like that". I took their word for granted as I don't really photograph myself and didn't remember how my hairline looked in the past. Recently more and more people started pointing out that my hairline is receding and my friend sent me a photo made a few years ago where my hairline looks way better than it is now (it's still definitely recessed though). It's a proof that it is an ongoing process and my family was wrong about my hairline being that way since high school.

This likely a result of slow recession happening over all these years and one burst of rapid recession (probably stress-depression-vitamin deficiency related) about 4-5 years ago. Balding genes seem to run in my family, especially when it comes to my father who was NW3 by the age of 40. I seem to already be at NW 2.5 stage so it happens even faster in my case, probably related to aforementioned problems with stress / depression / vitamin deficiency from a few years back. I seem to recede only at the temples, my hair is otherwise very dense and thick in other areas.

I'm attaching a few photos of myself and ask how bad is it? Am I right to assume it's already reached NW 2.5 phase? Is there any hope in regaining at least some of lost hair after hopping on fin? Should I bother with some more advanced and costly techniques offered by dermatologists or is it more tailored towards those who experience thinning / lose hair at the scalp? I would be extremely satisfied even after one or two cm of hairline getting back - I just need something to work with. My current situation makes me so depressed that it's probably paradoxically accelerating hair loss even more.

Moreover - do you think my hairline still allows to rock some longer haircuts with dignity or is it time to shave it all off already? I was flirting with the idea of forward facing fringe like some variations of caesar cut etc. but I'm not really sure whether my hairline allows for anything else than very short cuts. I'm afraid it might be too late already but I really hate the way I look without hair despite the fact that my head shape probably allows me to rock the bald look much better than most people. My outgoing ears, gigantic nose and other negative features seem to be very exaggerated now. I'm open to all haircut suggestions, not only the ones I mentioned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	profil1.jpg

Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	60240   Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg

Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	60241   Click image for larger version

Name:	profil2.jpg

Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	60242  

Just looks like a maturing hairline. Let it grow...looks fine.

Are you sure about that? Wouldn't mature hairline be like NW1? My recession at the temples seems to be much much deeper than that. When browsing for haircuts for guys with receding hairlines most of the examples actually had much better hairline than I do now.

The pictures are not the best but that what it looks likes to me. Compare in 6 months and if worse start propecia.

What would be the best pics to give a more decisive answer? Like showing top of the head?

Quote Originally Posted by hairexpertturkey View Post
    In 3-4 years you may need hairtransplant operation. But until that time you can have prp treatments to make the hairfall slower.
    No one " needs" a HT

Quote Originally Posted by selfcontrol View Post
    My receding temples became really noticeable about 4 years ago.

head shape probably allows me to rock the bald look much better than most people. My outgoing ears, gigantic nose and other negative features seem to be very exaggerated now. I'm open to all haircut suggestions, not only the ones I mentioned.
    Don't agonize too much. My hairline was similar at 18-19 and slowly receded. What you gotta watch for is the crown area because once that thins and opens, it's basically history. You may have many years yet. ANd your cut looks good on you now.

Quote Originally Posted by curtantonio View Post
    Don't agonize too much. My hairline was similar at 18-19 and slowly receded. What you gotta watch for is the crown area because once that thins and opens, it's basically history. You may have many years yet. ANd your cut looks good on you now.
    There is little to no history of crown balding in my family before 40-50 years old. Most people just seem to recede very slowly more and more.

Do you think it's a wise idea for me to hop on minoxidil / finasteride now?

I know my current cut doesn't look too bad but do you think there's still a chance to have some longer cuts in my situation (realistically)? I have otherwise very thick and dense hair. Or is it too late already?