X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubski
    • Dec 2018

Finsteride side effects help

Hello.

I'm 18 years old and got a perscription of finasteride for androgenetic alopecia from a dermatologist. I took one pill and soon after i became very tired so i decided to wait a few days with starting it because i thought that maybe i was getting sick or something. However in the following days my sex drive went down to absolutely zero and i got almost all sexual side effects. It didnt get better so i went to take a testosterone blood test a week later and the result was 960 ng/dl wich is pretty high, actually a little bit above their normal range. Because of this result and that i didnt get better i talked to my doctor and he got me tested for many hormones this time. This time my testosterone was 634 ng/dl wich is very normal. They did not test estrogen or dht.

My questions are: Why did i have 960 ng/dl test 1 week after taking a finasteride pill and then five weeks later i had 634 ng/dl test. Is it possible for finasteride to do that?
    And is it possible that high estrogen or low dht is the reason i still have these side effects after 2 months?
    I know for sure my estrogen was elevated for some time because i got lumps under my nipples.
    I just dont know what to do. Will my body be able to restore itself and balance the hormones again?
Working...