+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Strip or FUE for me?

Which is better, Strip or Fue? I have talked to Feller and he recommended strip for 2500 grafts. I am a nw3 with the crown starting to thin but I was hoping for a FUE but Feller says I am not an FUE patient. I don't know why he'd say that, other doctors have said I am, well known and respected Doctors. What do you think? I am into acting so I might have to cut my hair shorter? The big scar won't do. I thought Feller was an FUE doctor too? I really want him cause I am very impressed with his work.

Dr Feller is a FUE doctor, but I believe he feels that strip is superior overall, and that FUE is better for smaller procedures than you would need. Perhaps he or spex will weigh in.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

He already has. He's been very friendly actually. Would you guys rather recommend Feller's strip or Cole's FUE? Please advice.

Strip is strip and FUE is FUE. They are just two different ways of harvesting grafts. If you really don’t want to scar from strip then don’t have one. In general if you go to either doctor you will have a great hair transplant, but if you are unwilling to live with a strip scar then don’t go for it just because it's suggested to you. I’m sure Dr. Feller has his reasons for not wanting to do an FUE on you so you should consider those also. Don't do anything that you are not conformable with.

I understand. But Feller tells me I have great donor and that a wouldn't even see the liner scar because my hair would cover it. I guess I am trying to understand who important the scar will be. I don't plan on buzzing my hair but I would need to wear my hair short. Dr seems to think I can wear my hair short. What do you think?

If you want to keep the option open to have a short hair style, then DO NOT get a strip procedure.

I had a strip procedure and now I am stuck with this strip scar in the back of my head. I HATE this strip scar. You sound like you would also hate having a strip scar. Don't get one!

Don'tDoIt, I know you mean well, but not all transplants are equal and yours might not represent what the top surgeons are achieving.

My perception is that the vast majority of patients of the most reputable doctors are very pleased with their results, and those who undergo strip (the vast majority of that majority) don't have any trouble with the scar. These days they can be hard to find even with short hair. Sure, they're visible when the head is shaved, but guys can wear their hair clipped pretty close at the back without displaying evidence of surgery.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com