+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Strip or FUE for me?

Which is better, Strip or Fue? I have talked to Feller and he recommended strip for 2500 grafts. I am a nw3 with the crown starting to thin but I was hoping for a FUE but Feller says I am not an FUE patient. I don't know why he'd say that, other doctors have said I am, well known and respected Doctors. What do you think? I am into acting so I might have to cut my hair shorter? The big scar won't do. I thought Feller was an FUE doctor too? I really want him cause I am very impressed with his work.

Dr Feller is a FUE doctor, but I believe he feels that strip is superior overall, and that FUE is better for smaller procedures than you would need. Perhaps he or spex will weigh in.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

He already has. He's been very friendly actually. Would you guys rather recommend Feller's strip or Cole's FUE? Please advice.

Strip is strip and FUE is FUE. They are just two different ways of harvesting grafts. If you really don’t want to scar from strip then don’t have one. In general if you go to either doctor you will have a great hair transplant, but if you are unwilling to live with a strip scar then don’t go for it just because it's suggested to you. I’m sure Dr. Feller has his reasons for not wanting to do an FUE on you so you should consider those also. Don't do anything that you are not conformable with.

I understand. But Feller tells me I have great donor and that a wouldn't even see the liner scar because my hair would cover it. I guess I am trying to understand who important the scar will be. I don't plan on buzzing my hair but I would need to wear my hair short. Dr seems to think I can wear my hair short. What do you think?

If you want to keep the option open to have a short hair style, then DO NOT get a strip procedure.

I had a strip procedure and now I am stuck with this strip scar in the back of my head. I HATE this strip scar. You sound like you would also hate having a strip scar. Don't get one!

Don'tDoIt, I know you mean well, but not all transplants are equal and yours might not represent what the top surgeons are achieving.

My perception is that the vast majority of patients of the most reputable doctors are very pleased with their results, and those who undergo strip (the vast majority of that majority) don't have any trouble with the scar. These days they can be hard to find even with short hair. Sure, they're visible when the head is shaved, but guys can wear their hair clipped pretty close at the back without displaying evidence of surgery.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

One side of the story is always a good read but lets just balance this out with some facts a little.I believe i know who your are so I will add additional info that you for whatever reason left out.

Dr Feller based this opinion based ONLY on the pictures shown to him, your age, your loss pattern and the fact you are strongly against taking meds to prevent against further loss.

We suggested you take a step back and wait it out rather than rushing in based on this.

Your pictures highlight that further loss is somewhat inevitable especially if your not prepared to take the meds given also that YOUR goal and i can quote your demands with regards to the surgery for others to gain a better idea here which kind of puts you out of FUE 's capacity. As i tried to explain to you over the last 15+ emails. Potentially what you want and what you actually need are different. Be very careful of being told what you want to hear is my advice especially in your desperate and vulnerable state.

By all means if you only want FUE feels free to go for it and all the very best and i truly hope it works out for you - but Dr Feller based on the pics shown and the demands you set will not take you on as an FUE patient.

I can gladly post your pictures here for others to give you there opinion. Also if you are consulting with "FUE only" clinics of course they will recommend you FUE.

Very best

Spex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.JPG

Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	5726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2.JPG

Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	5727  
    Last edited by Spex; 07-14-2010 at 03:58 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

No, actually I have changed my mind completely. At first I was very much against strip because of the scar. People kept telling me not to do it. I do realize now, that the people who were telling me to do FUE were people who had had a HT done by a not-so-talented doctor. Everyone I have spoken to who has used Feller is not only happy about the results, but say he is the very best of the best. I have yet to hear one negative word about this doctor. So I am convinced now. Feller is my doctor. Spex, thank you for all the information you have given me over the last 15 emails or so. You have such a great custumer service and you don't give me yes and no answers. And btw, those pictures you sent me were amazing. You couldn't see any scars and all the guys wore their hair really short. I'm impressed. I'll email you soon. Again. Thanks.

Exclamation

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING READ THIS!

Anyone considering to do a strip procedure will possibly be making the greatest mistake of their life!! I know. I've been there and done that. If you are a younger patient under 30, you should be wary of doing any procedure at all, whether FUE or Strip. I would caution you to stay away from any doctor who generally recommends strip over FUE. There are many misconceptions out there about FUE and Dr. Cole has put a very informative video out combating such myths on his website. He has done over 8,000 strip procedures but since introducing his CIT/FUE around 2002, he has tried to stay clear of doing anymore strip procedures--for good cause-- and has done a few thousand CIT procedures since.

I personally regard Dr. Cole has one of the few honorable doctors out there who is genuinely concerned about doing what is best for the patient and not what is easy for him or best for his wallet. Watch his video's, read through his blogs and forum, educate yourselves and do not make the same mistake as me. I had my strip procedure at 19 and have since dedicated myself to helping inform others and preventing them from making the same mistakes I made.

Before you make one of the biggest decisions of your life, make sure you do all the research you can and choose what you feel confident in being the best route for you. That includes speaking to those who have been through what you are thinking about doing. All the best and good luck!!