+ Reply to Thread

Default Unusual Fin sides...

Hello, fellow hairloss sufferers...I was hoping for some guidance on some side effects I’ve been having with Finasteride.

Started the treatment about 5 weeks ago and recently, I’ve had red welts/hives/rashes appear on my stomach, sides, and a bit on my back. I really don’t want to have to stop this treatment because I do believe it’s going to work for me but it’s been about 4-7 days and these welts still persist, perhaps they’re even getting worse.

I was searching for someone who has had similar experiences with this or can simply offer advice for how to alleviate the cause. I’m considering decreasing dosage, visiting to dermatologist, or simply ditching Fin altogether (don’t want to do the latter).
    I’m mostly concerned about further progression but I can’t say I like them where they’re at either..

Last time I posted here I got plenty of views and no one responded so I truly would appreciate the advice if this forum since I’m getting a little nervous.[ATTACH=CONFIG]Thank you, guys
    (The welts looked very minimal when this photo was taken but the severity fluctuates by the hour)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	60019  

Guys, come on...what’s the point of posting in a forum if people see it but Nobody cares to say anything? Every time I’ve posted here, people look at my post and don’t say jack.

Inactive

Chances are this isn't something anyone here knows anything about. I've been on the forum for over 4 years, and I've never heard of side effects like this. And more importantly, if you're having this sort of reaction to a medication, I would advise you to get to a doctor asap, as this really isn't normal.

I hope you get answers and that you find a way to clear this up. Best of luck.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Well, I do at least appreciate your response to my concerns. Sometimes, I’ll take someone’s best guess to nudge me in the right direction. I might need to get it looked at though...the rashes are about the same as they were when I posted/days before that.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedHairOnHead View Post
    Well, I do at least appreciate your response to my concerns. Sometimes, I’ll take someone’s best guess to nudge me in the right direction. I might need to get it looked at though...the rashes are about the same as they were when I posted/days before that.
    I would venture to say that you definitely need to get this looked at. Don't wait. A doctor will give you better answers than any of us will. This seems like an allergic reaction to something (whether it's definitely the Fin or not, I cannot say) but don't put this off.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.