+ Reply to Thread

Default Post OP 3 days, transplant doesn't seem right (worried)

Hey everyone, i'm Brand new to the site. 23 years old.. Been thinning out since 20. I'm in the military and I got an HT done by an couple ENT Dermatologist surgeon whos officers in military. They have done prior HT's but not many.
    Anyways..
    From the looks of my transplant, things just don't seem normal. I have blood clots where my new hair is. Plus it seems as though the hair spotted around, other than being real dense. While I look at 100's of other patients hair post 1-4 days after, Theirs look so much better than mine. Their scalp is red, but their head is full of hair.
    Am I just being too worried? Could you guys take a look at these pictures and let me know if this HT was done totally wrong?! thanks.

First picture is at 2 days post, 2nd picture is 3 days post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	post2day.jpg

Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	5685   Click image for larger version

Name:	post3days.jpg

Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	5686  

i'm not a doctor, but it doesn't look right to me. if you're anywhere near one of the surgeons recommended by the iahrs, i would have them take a look at the work. you could also send them your pics. they'll give you sound advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mkamph View Post
    i'm not a doctor, but it doesn't look right to me. if you're anywhere near one of the surgeons recommended by the iahrs, i would have them take a look at the work. you could also send them your pics. they'll give you sound advice.
    how do I find the list of surgeons recommended by the iahrs? I am stressing out so bad right now. I have to go back into work the following monday and I don't want to be looking horrible. Only my boss knows I was getting the procedure done.

the list is under the "resources" menu on the home page of thebaldtruth.com. choose "hair transplant surgeons," at the bottom of the menu. good luck.

Although it's a little hard to tell from the size of the photos, it looks as if you were given plugs (something that reputable hair transplant doctors have long since advanced from). Hair plugs contain around 15-35 hairs each and can resemble toothbrush bristles when the hair grows out. Comparatively, hair restoration surgeons today will generally transplant grafts of no more than 4 or 5 hairs (and usually between 1 and 3) within their naturally occurring groupings. You are likely going to need repair work in the future, in which a hair restoration surgeon will remove those plugs, break them up into smaller units and redistribute them for a more natural look.

As mkamph recommended, it would be a good idea to consult with an IAHRS surgeon to see what can be done to repair the work you've already had. Whatever you do, I would advise you not to return to the physicians that performed your procedure for any more work.

are you at least taking propecia?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

When looking at your post op photo my initial impression was that looks like procedures that were performed more than 10 years ago. There is not much you can do right now. Just sit back and wait until you get the results and then you can get opinions from a few hair restoration surgeons to determine what your options are. You have only had one procedure and most likely have plenty of donor remaining to do corrective/finishing work if needed.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile