+ Reply to Thread

Default Thoroughly Confused and Unsure What to do Next.

Everyone-

I'm a 47 yr old NW6 who has decided on a transplant. I live in US and have previously met with a IAHRS recommended doctor who as of 6 years ago stated " We can get you a great result"

Well hair loss doesn't stop at 41 and now that I am actively seeking a HT, I have contacted several different IAHRS doctors via online consultations only with HI Def pics of my head from all angles and the responses from their respective clinics have been varied and in some cases diametrically opposed to each other, which has led to my utter confusion and led me to ask here what the consensus is in regards to the doctors who have responded...

Dr. Erdogan clinic: Turkey - Felt wasnt enough donor hair and recommended against HT

Dr Cole: USA - Response was same as Dr. Erdogan

Dr A's Clinic India -

Yes, we can do around 5000-6000+ grafts in your case, extracting from scalp + beard + BHT. We will plan the hairline accordingly and try to cover the maximum possible area.

Your beard donor seems fine and so we can extract 2500-3000 graft from scalp + 2000-3000 grafts from beard (max extraction), take some grafts from chest, armpit, pubic area if required.

You may go for another session for the crown area.

Please feel free to contact me for any further assistance.

Dr. Hakan Doganay: Turkey -

Based on the pictures you need 8000-9000 grafts, however, please be aware that
    this is an estimate and the exact number will be determined in-person visit. On the other hand, due to limited donor capacity, we can harvest at most 4000 grafts from the donor.

Dr. Hakan does all implantation part by himself only. Extraction is done by technicians.

No mention if he performs BHT to provide for the diff btwn 9000 and 4000 grafts?

Dr, Acar: Turkey -

I check your photos, Who are you?

We can transplant for your treatment about 3500-4000 grafts can cover the %50 baldness area with natural result
    We use the newest FUE method with + PRP ( plateled rich plasma ) .Hair implant is the process of taking the healthy hair one by one from the person’s back neck area(between two ears) and transferring them to the area with there is no hair.Our result chance is %95 and result is under the guarantee.
    We can transplant with the newest FUE method up to 4000-5000 grafts in one treatment day (~8 hours). The grafts number is change person to person about donor area. Our purpose is make happy our patients with result.
    For patients with limited donor area ,our clinic have the experience to use Body Hair.

So if you have the experience with BHT, will you use it while I'm there and if so for how much? Providing flat fees for HT service gives me great pause!

I have an F2F appointment with an IAHRS surgeon ( the one from years ago) and will definitely be asking a lot of questions.

If not apparent, this is the cause of my confusion...

2 Drs' say don't do it not gonna be good. 3 say do it and can get a great result with alternate harvesting techniques to accomplish the desired result and no mention from the original Drs' they have the requisite skill or knowledge to perform the more advanced BHT procedures.

Would really appreciate feedback from those that have had work performed by the surgeons mentioned above and especially from those that have had BHT as donor hair and how well have the results been.

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys!

Follow up from Dr. Doganay's clinic to my followup questions

How many grafts between BHT and FUE could be accomplished in a single visit?

Actually, we rechecked your pictures but your donor seems very weak so we do not recommend an operation at all

WAIT A MINUTE!!! A DAY EARLIER YOU SENT ME A RESPONSE BY A DOCTOR WHO SAID 8-9K GRAFTS AND WHEN I ASK HOW MANY COULD BE SAFELY ACCOMPLISHED IN ONE VISIT YOU THEN SAY I'M NOT A CANDIDATE ????!!!!!
    Last edited by geterdone2019; 11-19-2018 at 05:59 AM. Reason: PUNCTUATION

Follow up from Dr K's clinic

If you have not had a hair transplant before, 3000-5000 hair could be extracted and transplanted. Also, 1000 graft could be extracted from your beard zone. I confirm that treatment options are given by Dr. K. Still this is a blind estimation. That’s why we use a range of hair number.

And please note that the numbers given are not graft but hair number. Our pricing is based on session - not any graft/hair number - in which we think we do the best treatment for the patient in one given session. However we use hair number instead of graft number as a reference for quantification. Because hair number shows coverage; graft number shows scarring. What matters in hair transplantation is to be able to extract maximum hair from minimum grafts. 5000 hair is around 2000-5000 grafts. In the procedures that are performed in Turkey, 5000 grafts are 5000 hair on average and our average is 2000 grafts for 5000 hair. The average in Turkey is 1, and our average is around 2.5.

The last sentence in the paragraph is rather telling
    Last edited by geterdone2019; 11-19-2018 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Brevity

If youre NW6 then you should get an FUT to maximise your hairs. Ive just had one done at Dr K and got an FUE and FUT. The FUE got 2200 hairs while the FUT got me over 8800 hairs for a total of 11000 hairs. Dr K does both. If you havent had a hair tranplant before then you should think about FUT as you need to maximise your remaining donor hair.
    Im happy with the result, ive got hair where there hasnt been for years. Obviously im still early days (18 days post op) but its been an easy process.
    good luck

Nice!!! Do you have any Before/After pics you can provide? Would definitely like to see the scar immediate post-op.

Default comparison FUT 18 days

Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison 2.jpg

Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	59922
    heres immediately after surgery with the staples and then 18 days later with staples out. healing nicely.

Why is the BHT count so low? Do you not have chest or leg hair?

I am confused a bit between Dr.Yaman Dr.bicer and Dr.Koray

Can you please help me about it please ?