Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clerksband
    • Nov 2018

How to prep for an imminent hair transplant

First of all, thank you to everyone who posts in this forum. It has been a tremendous source of information.

I plan on having the surgery soon, so far I haven't picked a doctor or set a date, though. The purpose of this topic is to discuss what are the best steps to take in order to prep for HT. What should I do in the weeks right before? What I shouldn't do? Should I take some kind of medication? Must I avoid a particular habit?

If this has already been discussed before, apologies. But please point me in the right direction.
  • chahunt
    • Sep 2018

Typically men are taking finasteride 1 mg daily, prior to transplant, and post. Go for quality doctors. Even if they cost more. Look up the leading physicians.

Comment

• jconley
      • Sep 2018

I believe some places suggest laxity exercises though I don't know if those are effective and/or backed up by scientific evidence. I was fortunate in that my laxity was good prior to my HT, so I didn't do them.

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

Hi there,

See the “sticky” topic - HT info pack at the topic of this forum section as it will certainly help you!

Regards
        Spex
        A world renowned hair loss and hair transplant adviser. Spex has received several hair transplant procedures along with appropriate treatments!
        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

Working...