+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I havent done it I am too chicken. I am a slave to the toppik currently plus I have always been a conservative guy and with the scar now

I want to do it but my concern is how patchy my hair loss is therefore I might look a bit silly

Again this is all in my head currently and will never know unless I do it plus I still havent fully accepted my fate

Reason I want to try shave also is this is my last shot. If I had another Surgical procedure and had two scars I do not think I would be able to shave my head. And it concerns me down the line if I did become a Norwood 6 that I would have to sport the comb over or really have the thin layer on top with thick sides which does not look the best. So if I stay on the meds I will be no worse off in terms of losing native hair plus I think guys who shave their heads tend to be quite confident. I am hoping to get there but I want to do it when I am on holiday so I can get used to it and get a bit of a tan. I will only buzz it to a number 2 at this stage and see how it looks. Doctor Alexander told me (he hasnt seen the hair transplanted) but said I might want 3cm on top as it might look bad shaved down so was really wondering how many other people on here have shaved down and what do they look like...

Just something else

You can always get scar revision or lessen it with pigmentation (coloring of the scar) or laser. Plus I hear Bio Oil is good to lessen the effect also. Depending on how big your scar is you can always make up some kick ar$$ story about whacking your head surfing in Hawaii and they surgically had to relieve the pressure.

Acceptance is a hard thing. And how we all move on and start living again is another. One things for sure if we are all still on these forums we arent in any acceptance and basically we all still have our lives on hold

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Baldeani View Post
    I am 27, had a premature HT at age 23.... When i had this HT the doctor had given me Toppik to cover the crown as the HT was mainly in the frontal area. I now have lost more hair in the crown and mid portion of my head and have become so dependant on Toppik to cover my crown that it has put a hault on a lot of good things in life. Such as going to the beach with my friends and swimming, coming out of a shower with out dumping crap on my head before entering a room. Always having to have my hair combed with gel and hairspray in it. Not being able to commit to a girl because I am so embarrassed of my concealer. Sleeping in the same room with someone and being petrified in the morning i wake up and some Toppik has fell out....You can imagine the extent of this. As time passes the more Toppik I use the more obvious it is, to me and I am sure to others, specially the girl who sits behind me in the office haha.

I am at the point where I am not sure if I am better off shaving my head to a #2/3 clip and rocking the bald spot / thinning top, or keeping this up and looking for another HT surgery solution. I figure if I shave it and dont have to use toppik for a bit, when it grows back its my out. I am not even looking for hair at this point. I am looking to get off the concealer! lol

The scar I have from my HT really is not that bad. It is very thin on the sides and a little thick in the center portion. I am a confident person in general, and think i need to just end this whole hair obsession, shave my head, get a good tan going and be happy.... Below are some photos, let me know what you think. I am extremely close from taking out the clippers and putting an end to it, thought I would get some outside opinions before I do so.

To the youngins out there, biggest mistake I made was to not just shave my head and try that look before I did my surgery. Hair grows back, surgery is not reversable. Hearing myself say that almost confirms I should just shave my head see how it looks, and worst case scenario I have 3 bad months until it grows back and I am in the same position I am now MINUS THE TOPPIK!

Thanks in advance, pics below if it helps at all, sorry I dont have any glamour shots from the top and every angle dry and wet

try prp therapy..

I would try PRP but being in New Zealand really limits me to these new therapies

I was listening to the bald truth show today and Spencer was talking about latise and they are working out a concentration of safety. Wonder if this is another snake oil or whether it will truely help