Threaded View

Default Need Help Making a Decision- had 1 HT - Should I shave?

I am 27, had a premature HT at age 23.... When i had this HT the doctor had given me Toppik to cover the crown as the HT was mainly in the frontal area. I now have lost more hair in the crown and mid portion of my head and have become so dependant on Toppik to cover my crown that it has put a hault on a lot of good things in life. Such as going to the beach with my friends and swimming, coming out of a shower with out dumping crap on my head before entering a room. Always having to have my hair combed with gel and hairspray in it. Not being able to commit to a girl because I am so embarrassed of my concealer. Sleeping in the same room with someone and being petrified in the morning i wake up and some Toppik has fell out....You can imagine the extent of this. As time passes the more Toppik I use the more obvious it is, to me and I am sure to others, specially the girl who sits behind me in the office haha.

I am at the point where I am not sure if I am better off shaving my head to a #2/3 clip and rocking the bald spot / thinning top, or keeping this up and looking for another HT surgery solution. I figure if I shave it and dont have to use toppik for a bit, when it grows back its my out. I am not even looking for hair at this point. I am looking to get off the concealer! lol

The scar I have from my HT really is not that bad. It is very thin on the sides and a little thick in the center portion. I am a confident person in general, and think i need to just end this whole hair obsession, shave my head, get a good tan going and be happy.... Below are some photos, let me know what you think. I am extremely close from taking out the clippers and putting an end to it, thought I would get some outside opinions before I do so.

To the youngins out there, biggest mistake I made was to not just shave my head and try that look before I did my surgery. Hair grows back, surgery is not reversable. Hearing myself say that almost confirms I should just shave my head see how it looks, and worst case scenario I have 3 bad months until it grows back and I am in the same position I am now MINUS THE TOPPIK!

Thanks in advance, pics below if it helps at all, sorry I dont have any glamour shots from the top and every angle dry and wet