+ Reply to Thread

Default Getting a Hair Transplant this month.But highly confused ?

Guys read my story on this link-

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-23?highlight=

Here is what I have done recently to tackle my Hair loss-

1 I have met one of the leading HT surgeons in India , Dr tejinder Bhatti and he has recommended me 2500 grafts for hairline ,temples ,front half of scalp.
    2 Met the said Dr once again
    3 Met 2 more doctors for consultation and they suggested something similar

At last I have made up my mind to get the HT done at the end of this month .

Attaching my current state-

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_153036 (1).jpg

Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	59699Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180613-WA0005.jpg

Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	59700Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180613-WA0004.jpg

Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	59701Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180612-WA0014.jpg

Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	59702Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_155145.jpg

Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	59703Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_153320.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	59704Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_153125.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	59705Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_153036.jpg

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	59706

Now my confusion-

I have almost decided to get a HT done but have the biggest doubt from the first day itself-

Shockloss / Am I a candidate at present - Since I am not completely bald in the frontal region where Hair will be transplanted ( however the hair in this region are definitely thinner and weaker than other areas ) Can the existing hair in front portion fall off after hair transplant due to shockloss.Is it possible that one year post hair transplant , my native hair in front portion do not return back , only transplanted hair remains , leaving me with a density equal or lower than current.

In other words I have read that to be eligible for hair transplant in a particular area , the density in that area should be less than 50% . In my case is the density less than 50% ? . Do you think one year post hair transplant the density will significantly increase .

This confusion is really delaying my decision about HT . Can you guys please share your opinions

Have attached the area where doctor will do the hair transplant and marked the area I am talking about.

Name:	IMG_20181102_153036 (1).jpg

Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	59699

Dr Bhatti is excellent and I'm confident he will guide you well if you are opting to have your HT with him.

Shockloss

Shockloss is something that can be experienced when transplanting into existing hair although highly unpredictable. Shockloss occurs when the native hair is weak and isn't strong enough to resist the trauma thats going on around it. More often than not the hair that has gone into shock will grow back but after 3/4 months - after the resting phase
    Hair that goes into shock and doesn't return is hair that was inevitably on its way out anyway and wasn't strong enough to return.
    Increased trauma to a localised area will increase the chances of shockloss
    Shockloss is unpredictable and there is no hard and fast rule to avoiding it - especially if you are transplanting into existing hair.

There are risk factors that either heighten or lessen someone's risk. Diffuse thinners seem more prone to shockloss than receders because the hair in a diffuse area is often less stable than that of a receder. Very often, a lot of the hair in a diffuse area is "on its last legs" and in the latter stages of the miniaturization process.

NOTE:
    Be aware that everyone is different! We ALL heal and grow at different time scales.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Dr Bhatti is excellent and I'm confident he will guide you well if you are opting to have your HT with him.

Shockloss

Shockloss is something that can be experienced when transplanting into existing hair although highly unpredictable. Shockloss occurs when the native hair is weak and isn't strong enough to resist the trauma thats going on around it. More often than not the hair that has gone into shock will grow back but after 3/4 months - after the resting phase
    Hair that goes into shock and doesn't return is hair that was inevitably on its way out anyway and wasn't strong enough to return.
    Shockloss is unpredictable and there is no hard and fast rule to avoiding it - especially if you are transplanting into existing hair.

There are risk factors that either heighten or lessen someone's risk. Diffuse thinners seem more prone to shockloss than receders because the hair in a diffuse area is often less stable than that of a receder. Very often, a lot of the hair in a diffuse area is "on its last legs" and in the latter stages of the miniaturization process.

NOTE:
    Be aware that everyone is different! We ALL heal and grow at different time scales.
    Hi spex

The unpredictability adds to the confusion.

Even after visiting Dr bhatti 3 times

As you can see in the photo attached in which I have marked the portion which will be the recipient area , Dr will be transplanting into existing hair in front and mid portion of the scalp.

That is the issue I do not know whether I should get hair transplanted in the area when I already have hair in that portion
    It shouldn't be the case that after 1 year post HT I grow the transplanted hair but loose my native hair ( due to HT) leading to almost same or worse density post 1 year .

If I am correct Dr will be either be careful not to hurt these hair or will do an entire transplant ignoring these hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Shockloss

NOTE:
    good stuff. thanks for the info

Default Hair transplant date fixed : Dr Bhatti , Darling buds on 1 March 2019

Here is a big update guys

I have got a date for my hair transplant with Dr tejinder Bhatti , Darling Buds . Have paid the advance on 1 December and have been confirmed the date on 1 March 2019
    Waiting for the date eagerly ( 69 days to go : Have a tracker on my phone )

Have been suggested 2500 grafts for hairline ,temple creation and mid scalp by the doctor ( this was in may 2018 hence may even go a little higher now )

Name:	IMG_20181102_154759.jpg

Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	60382

The hairline suggested was-

Name:	IMG-20180613-WA0005.jpg

Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	60383

Let's see how it goes , will update my journey with you guys