+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hair loss

Unhappy hair loss

Hi

So I am 22 years old, and I am currently experiencing thin thin thin hairs and hair loss on the crown of my head. I really think my case is different since my friends and the people around me with the same age range are experiencing full and vibrant hair.

Another thing is that whenever I go out, I have this conciousness about it; since it always doesn't match the look I want to go with. The usual fix I do is the application of hair fibers, or wearing a cap or beanie.

I really do want some idea if this type of situation could be salvaged, becasue sometimes just looking at it feels sad and it does deflates my confidence too.

Should I accept that it is all over for me and just proceed with going bald?

PS: the picture attached is me semi-nodding down.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181109_224553-1.jpg

Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	59646

Hello, should you just accept it and proceed with going bald? Only you can answer this question. It's always easy for someone else to tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing or feeling. If you are concerned and want to fight it then you should go ahead and do something about it. Fin and minxodil could improve your situation greatly. How long has your crown been balding? All the best.

Inactive

I understand how disheartening it can be to start losing your hair - particularly in your early 20s.

If I were you, I would consult with a reputable hair transplant surgeon and start getting a professional opinion on what your options are. Let me be clear that this does not mean that you are a good candidate for a hair transplant, but from my experience, HT surgeons are going to know a lot more about how to handle it than a standard dermatologist will. If you go to someone reputable, they will not recommend a procedure if you are not a good candidate, and they'll be able to direct you to proper medication and treatment... And if you are a good candidate, then they can help come up with a game plan to get you the best possible results for your situation.

All of that said, given your age and the amount of hair loss you have, please be very diligent in your research and remain open to all possibilities - even the possibility of shaving it down and surrendering to the hair loss. The last thing you want is to get a hair transplant when you're not a good candidate and end up regretting it down the line. So breathe, research, ask lots of questions, and really, really take your time.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by NateD View Post
    Hi

So I am 22 years old, and I am currently experiencing thin thin thin hairs and hair loss on the crown of my head. I really think my case is different since my friends and the people around me with the same age range are experiencing full and vibrant hair.

Another thing is that whenever I go out, I have this conciousness about it; since it always doesn't match the look I want to go with google street view. The usual fix I do is the application of hair fibers, or wearing a cap or beanie.

I really do want some idea if this type of situation could be salvaged, becasue sometimes just looking at it feels sad and it does deflates my confidence too.

Should I accept that it is all over for me and just proceed with going bald?
    Before trying any hair loss product. I strongly recommend that you must visit the dermatologist. He can suggest you better and can tell you the actual reason.