Closed Thread

Default Escape from the Butchers! Thank you Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz

Dear All

This is my second attempt to write about my experience with the AEK Hair Clinic which is headed by Dr Ali E Karadeniz (Dr K as he is known).

Like many men in their 30's and 40's I have suffered from hair loss which became very visible in the last few years. As the price was too high in Harley Street Clinic in London (one of the best in the world which charges £10,000-£30,000) I had given up on the thought of having a hair transplant. It was only when I started seeing messages on social media about Hair Transplant in Turkey that I started thinking again.

I started my research and realised that the savings were huge in Turkey, the standards were much better than I expected and also the tools seemed to be very good. I found a great company (no names) and hospital and was delighted by all their social media photos and so many Europeans visiting them and were happy. I was ready to go and so excited with the low price, the amazing diamond cutters, ice cool extractions, the painless needles, the robots and all the rest of the it. They said they can do 3000 grafts - 5000 in one day. But when I asked them who the doctor was they just did not give me a straight answer. They just said they had 10 operations a day and I should not worry! Now I have written articles in this forum regarding Hair Mills (or butcher as some would say) some of my friends have been and they had great results, but for me something just was not right. They gave a name of a doctor but he had no link to them, also how can a doctor supervise 10 operations a day! Its crazy but I still didnt want to believe that they were not authentic.

I started to do research on the internet and found this forum and watched some of the videos by the Americans. At first I was rather insulted by their descriptions of the Mills type operators in Turkey, I had fallen so badly into the marketing ploy of the company I was planning to go with that common sense had gone out of the window. After some time I realised deep down that what the American presenters were saying was true! I was heartbroken and gave up when suddenly I heard of the name Dr A E Karadeniz, who was recommended by several people here! He was not as famous as the other 4 doctors in Turkey but once I checked his site and contacted his staff I was delighted. I had escaped the clutches of the Butchers.

With AEK you have an option to go direct with him or his technicians which are superb. Only 2 surgeries a day and he can supervise them easily! I urge you to look at the AEK website https://www.hairtransplantinturkey.co.uk/ and what some of those videos. He speaks fluent English by the way! What I learned from Dr K was:

1. Mega Sessions of 3000-5000 grafts can be very dangerous if done by inexperienced
    technicians. They can do serious damage to your grafts

2. The focus should not be on grafts alone but on how many hairs you can get from each grafts

3.Tools do not result in great hair transplants, good doctors and technicians will. Everyones hair is different and you have to also look at your head and your hair and age and see what is going to happen over the next 10 years.

4. Finally HT is big business in Istanbul, There are good doctors and options open to everyone, but dont be fooled like i was by the marketing! There are many operators who dont know anything about HT and just look to make quick money. It is no good having 4000 grafts in one session only to find out they will all fall out over the next year and not grow back.

My Recommendations:

1. Before going to Turkey Go to your Doctor and discuss your trip. You may want to have a blood test to check for Blood diseases and HIV before you go. If you have any problems they will not operated on you.

2. Have vaccinations before you, in particular Hepititus B which is recommended by the NHS. There have been reports of British People getting Hepititus B as a result of poor sanitization of equipment. But do this weeks before you travel

3. Go at least 2 days before your operation and visit the local attractions, Istanbul is a beautiful city and Turkish people are very hospitable. You will really relax and have a great experience, remember chances are you will need a 2nd operation so the more familliar you are with the place the better.

4. Ask all your questions before the surgery and make a list, or write down the answers as you may forget.

5. Be realistic in your expectations, it is better to have denser hair that looks natural then hair down to your eyebrows which looks stupid and unbalanced.

6. My personal opinion is that it is better to do 2 sessions and get great results than do one which could put a strain on your donor area and also put you off.

7. Be mentally prepared, the operation is long, claustrophobic at times, intense, and painful at times. Do lots of stretching and breathing in the morning. Think of the results, how good it will feel to have new hair!

8. Once the operation is done, follow your doctors instructions to the Letter! It will take 4 or 5 days for the swelling to come down, it will take up to 2 weeks for the scabs to come off.

9. A hair transplant is a great opportunity to change your lifestyle too, those who have great results often give up smoking and excessive boozing (in my case Food and sugar). They start to eat correctly, I have bought several supplements including Zing, Vitamin B Complex, Tumeric, Ginger & Garlic, speak to a nutritionist if in doubt

10. Do not get the Hair Blues, You may not get the result you imagined, perhaps you expected a miracle. Be realistic and remember you have to have a long term strategy for your hair.

These are my opinions, there are many good people here on this forum who will give ever better advice.

I found Dr K and his team to be very good and understanding. I only wanted to cover my existing hair line and will probably go for a second session in the future.

I have to thank this forum for helping me escape the clutches of the butchers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	59644

Thanks for the info and please do keep us updated. I am making plans for a trip to Dr. K in January.

Excellent article Theo. Im glad I went with Dr K as well