+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr Bessem Farjo V Dr Asim Shahmalak

Members
    3 posts

Posted 14 hours ago

I recently visited Dr Shahmalak (Crown Clinic Manchester) on the morning and Dr Farjo on the afternoon. Both said similar things and I am totally confused as to who to choose,

i have thinning hair on my crown and both said 1500 grafts and both were almost identical prices. However Dr Shahmalak was keen to point out that there are no guarantees and that “80% of his clients return for a second op to improve the density”. I found that strange as his website has a quote from him that his clients usually only need one op. It seems to me why would you commit to a HT if the results are so bad the Dr says you will need a second one before you start.

Dr Farjo on the other hand explained you will not achieve the same density as your original hairline but he will achieve good results and if you are not happy then you can return and it will be put right at no extra cost.

Both seem to have good reputations but I am hoping to hear from others on this forum who have experience of either or both and were you happy with the density achieved?

Hello!
    I had FUE at Dr Farjo’s Manchester clinic on 27th September.
    I didn’t have the surgery performed by Dr Farjo himself, however.
    But I had a few conversations with him throughout the day. I guess the practice and method was the same though.
    I cannot fault anything about the Farjo clinic. It was great in my experience. PM me if you would like to discuss anything.
    Cheers!

Thanks for the reply I may we’ll get back to you once I have digested all the information.

Hi Steve,

You might also want to consider consultations with The Harley St Hair Clinic who i recent had a HT and represent as their patient advisor and also Dr Edward Ball in the UK.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi, what sort of procedure did you have there? I go tomorrow but I’ve seen a mixed results so looking for advice!

Not been particularly impressed by either's work to be honest. There's a guy on Youtube who is particularly scathing about the work and general service he received at the Farjo clinic.

UK wise, Dr Ball and Dr Reddy are the only two I'd personally consider. Expensive but impressed with the work both produce.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ing-to-be-good

If you want to see what I had done and see my results, have a look at my thread.
    I’m now 13 months post surgery and i’m so happy.

I would've loved to have had my hair done here in England with either farjo, dr ball or dr reddy. i had consultations with all, but cost was an issue for me so i opted for the turkey option! if you've got the money, either of the 3 mentioned are all excellent from what I've heard and also seen.

mike thurston, a fitness youtuber is currently documenting his fue with dr reddy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIuwM2eUXsE

in relation to your concern regarding having a 2nd procedure, unless you are on fin/minoxidil or any other hair retention program, you will almost certainly need future transplants as the rest of your hair will continue to fall out. having a hair transplant isn't a cure for mpb, so i wouldn't be too concerned when Shahmalak says most clients return for further work. i'm already planning my 2nd

good luck with whoever you decide!

Hi
    Just FYI had my consultation with Dr Farjo today and signed up! Your results are amazing and definitely very helpful in my decision.
    Thank you so much!