+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hello, yes definitively stick with the fin & min no matter how bad your shedding gets (it could last up to two months). When it stops you should get some regrowth pretty soon, by then the fin should also hopefully begin to take effect. You're young, and with your diffuse pattern of hair loss, hopefully you'll be in for some decent regrowth, stay positive!

Thank you @Diffuse33. Yes, the only thing that keeps me more motivated than ever is the fact that I am still young but I won't be young forever so I need to do something about this now. As mentioned, because of my dupa I don't think I can even get a HT if things don't work out. Which, to be honest I'm actually glad it's not an option as I never quite liked the idea of a HT anyway because I would not like to pay huge reoccurring fees for sub-optimal results. I really don't like the look and denseness that a HT produces. I think it's better suited for more mature looking hair, but definitely not young, thick, lush results. Perhaps I am being a little too wishful with my thinking, but I really hope I had good hair sometimes, it hasn't effected my confidence and socialness, but sometimes when I get rejected, I often wonder if it's because of my hair or my face and what I can do to fix that. I'm not about hiding under a rock and disappearing, I know I got problems and I am trying to fix them and I know I will. I just haven't found the solution yet.

More on Dupa, I actually never knew I had Dupa until my barber mentioned that I can't get a low-fade because my sides are patchy and not full enough and that he can do it but it just wouldn't look good and that a high fade zero or one would suit me better. So I agreed with him and went with the high zero. Later when my hair grew back, I looked at myself later in the mirror and was like ohh shit, I legit never noticed how even my sides and back are also effected by my baldness. Now that I think of it, they have always been really patchy (well ever since my hair started thinning that is) and have never grew as thick and full as other people I noticed on the street. It's interesting because Dupa patients often have it the worst, as they essentially go bald on their entire scalp. My family also have a history of really thin or bald hair (everyone in my family from all I know) but when I was younger I did have super thick hair that just seemed to thin out when I was about 13 years old and now, it's just been getting worse. It's just interesting how I will overcome this battle. I don't have the answers yet but I am willing to ride out this journey and see where it goes. I have a feeling things will get better, exactly when, I don't know but I'm not trying to think about it too much right now.

Testicular ache. This morning and throughout the day I noticed an ache in my.. well my testicles. The pain wasn't so bad — it wasn't like someone was tugging away at my sack nor was it unbearable to go by my day to day activities. However, I started to question whether it would have an effect on me long term because obviously some changes were taking place in my body and more specifically my sperm. Thinking of that is what really scares me. For now, I have dropped the Finasteride and will see what I decide to do in the next couple of days. I also have been noticing watery sperm over the past couple of days, but no changes to my libido or sex drive. Just really watery semen. So yeah, I think for now it's time to hang it up and listen to my body and mind and see what I decide to do in the next few days. Again, the sides were not unbearable but could potentially develop into something more severe so that's what is compelling me to stop right now.

Get off Fin right away. I had the same problem and I only did it for a month. Felt like the blood flow to my testicles was cut off. It only got worse. When I finally threw them away it took around 45 days to get my libido back. I use minoxidil and it seems to work great for me.

Hey @DJR71. Interesting because I have been on fin for about a month now too! I too figured that if I don't quit now, after experiencing my first onslaught of sides, things will only get worse from here. So yes, for now I have stopped taking the pills. Indefinitely however? It's hard to say. Right now I really don't know what I wanna do about my hair loss. Just sick of thinking about it tbh. I wish I could be like all the other 21 year old lads who don't have to deal with hairloss at all, but here I am I guess. I just need a break from it all and see where I am at in a few days or weeks. Thank you for sharing your experience, I too am going to continue using Minoxidil because it's relatively inexpensive and why not? But yeah. At least my libido wasn't affected or that I didn't have to deal with depression. So I guess there are some positives after all.

I have 2 brothers that dealt with hair loss in their early twenties. Mine started in my mid to late thirties and it was really rough! I can’t imagine dealing with it at your age. I’ll give you the up side to balding early. If you do choose to shave it at some point you will develop your style around it from the beginning. My 31 yo brother that shaved in twenties does very well with the ladies.

@DJR71 Yeah, it's tough especially when people look at you and assume you're in your late 20s or 30s good grief. Such remarks can leave a mental stain on people. Thankfully, I don't allow it to get to me much. Although, I know it is effecting my chances with the ladies, but that's why I'm here trying to do something about it, being positive and not giving up! Let's see what the cards hold for me.

So it has been a few days since I have been off fin. Aches have completely went away. Watery sperm? I am not too sure. My libido has not been the best recently, which I don't really attribute to fin but rather my lack of recovery from the gym. I have been having a pretty tough time in there recently. But yeah, this probably marks the end of my Finasteride journey. In a way I am kind of sad that this journey was short-lived but I have to look after my overall health first before anything. All in all, I don't suspect that the sides would have become really, really bad, like up to the point of infertility, which I don't deny may be true for some people but I doubt most people would ever experience anything like that from fin, as there are a ton of drugs out there way more potent than 1mg of Finasteride per day. However, for me it was simply a question of whether the rewards outweigh the risks and for me I simply couldn't justify dealing with sides just to maintain my already thinning hair. Now, if you are a young lad who is dealing with thinning or hairloss at the crown or a specific area of your head but your hair everywhere else is generally thick and okay, then I would suggest giving fin at least a try and then consider whether the rewards outweigh the risks for you personally, then it's up to you if you feel like you want to continue. Surely positive results would be a good enough reason to continue if the sides aren't bothersome too much. However, speaking for myself, at this point I don't want to go through all the hassle with sides just to maintain my thinning hair. I rather just have thinning hair, than both sides and thinning hair if that makes sense.

Well now, I guess I'm back to square one with no solution for my hairloss, great. What I can really take away from this whole Finasteride experience is that we live and we learn, and sometimes we try things and they don't work out. I just don't believe Finasteride was the answer for my hairloss. Although, I have no issues with anyone who has found success in Finasteride. Everyone's battle with hairloss is different and I respect all the different approaches people take to combat it, because it sure isn't an easy task. I am yet to find my own solution. That's all.

Cheerio everyone, and oh yeah, I will still be lingering around here and there on the forum. This is the end of the Finasteride experience but not the end of my stay on the forum. Just thought I would clarify that.