+ Reply to Thread

Default All done and dusted.

Hello.

30 year old male. Writing this from my hotel room in Istanbul after having FUE surgery.

Had it done at Hairmedico. Dr Arslan.
    3500 grafts - £2100.

Procedure took around 6.5 hours. It’s long. It’s boring. It’s uncomfortable and yes it is quite painful at times.

Anyone with any questions then feel free to ask.

Hi, hope your doing well, i have a few questions. I was also considering him.
    1) Did he perform the surgery? (hairline?)
    2) Was the surgery at a hospital and was it clean?
    3) Did they try to upsell you on products/services?
    4) How long did your head swell and did your eyes swell when you removed the headband?
    5) Can you post pictures?

Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E1091B6F-08AB-4CB2-A403-ABA6E561164C.jpg

Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	59905Click image for larger version

Name:	84B232E9-F0D0-4265-AFF1-F2F9CA93FA22.jpg

Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	59906
    Quote Originally Posted by sb591 View Post
    Hi, hope your doing well, i have a few questions. I was also considering him.
    1) Did he perform the surgery? (hairline?)
    2) Was the surgery at a hospital and was it clean?
    3) Did they try to upsell you on products/services?
    4) How long did your head swell and did your eyes swell when you removed the headband?
    5) Can you post pictures?

Thank you.

Hello.

The doctor performed a large portion of the procedure not all. He did all the injections and incisions, overseen the removal of grafts from donor area by his assistants.
    The implanting of the grafts were done large by his assistants however he was watching over them like a hawk, he was constantly checking and directing them to areas he felt needed more attention.
    Once they were done he then took over and finished everything off. And I really was the only patient on that day.

The surgery took place at a cosmesdic surgery clinic. Several doctors work from this clinic performing hair transplant. Nose jobs etc. And yes I would say it was clean, it was not UK standards but still clean and tidy. Not at any point was I alarmed at the condition of the facility.

There was no up selling, in fact they tried to give me free stuff but because I only had hand luggage I wasn’t able to take it with me on the plane.

I had swelling from around day 2 post op to around day 6/7. Mine was contained in the forehead mainly and then worked down into the temples. I escaped the swelling of the eyes which I was made up with haha.
    Headband was applied on the Tuesday and I removed it once home on the Friday. The headband was resting directly onto the donor area so I took it off to allow this to heal properly which did help. This is when the swelling worked down from my forehead and into the temples. The swelling wasn’t really a major issue, it was quite comical having a mushroom head for a few days (I didn’t leave the house for around 10 days).

I will try and post some pictures now. I will do day 1 post op and then day 21.

Quote Originally Posted by 37L View Post
    Attachment 59905Attachment 59906

Hello.

The doctor performed a large portion of the procedure not all. He did all the injections and incisions, overseen the removal of grafts from donor area by his assistants.
    The implanting of the grafts were done large by his assistants however he was watching over them like a hawk, he was constantly checking and directing them to areas he felt needed more attention.
    Once they were done he then took over and finished everything off. And I really was the only patient on that day.

The surgery took place at a cosmesdic surgery clinic. Several doctors work from this clinic performing hair transplant. Nose jobs etc. And yes I would say it was clean, it was not UK standards but still clean and tidy. Not at any point was I alarmed at the condition of the facility.

There was no up selling, in fact they tried to give me free stuff but because I only had hand luggage I wasn’t able to take it with me on the plane.

I had swelling from around day 2 post op to around day 6/7. Mine was contained in the forehead mainly and then worked down into the temples. I escaped the swelling of the eyes which I was made up with haha.
    Headband was applied on the Tuesday and I removed it once home on the Friday. The headband was resting directly onto the donor area so I took it off to allow this to heal properly which did help. This is when the swelling worked down from my forehead and into the temples. The swelling wasn’t really a major issue, it was quite comical having a mushroom head for a few days (I didn’t leave the house for around 10 days).

I will try and post some pictures now. I will do day 1 post op and then day 21.
    Great to hear. Looking good.
    Getting through the swelling and red head phase is probly the worst. Gotta stay inside for about 2 weeks.

What about the flight, how much did that cost you?
    I'm in Canada, looking kinda expensive atm.

Inactive

That's a whole lot of grafts for a single FUE session. Is this something he does quite regularly? Were there any concerns about doing this many in a single session?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Hi buddy, how's it going? Any updates? Is everything ok?

Hey man,

thanks for sharing your story that far. Are there any updates? Could you post some recent pictures? I am also considering going with Dr. Arslan and was wondering if he is a good choice.

Thanks in advance!

Hi There,

How's everything looking with the hair transplant? Would you recommend going with Dr. Arslan Musbeh from Hairmedico? If you have any post-op pics to share we'd all love to see them. Thanks in advance!