+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have you started any treatment?

Have you started any treatment?

I'm a bit worse that your first pic, started Min + Dermarolling in January, added fin this month. Hoping to see similar results

Edit: Have you seen any sides while on Fin?

Default 21 month update

Here is my latest update at 21 months.

I have grown my hair out longer on top (around six inches on top, short on back and sides).

My daily routine now is alternating daily between 1mg and 0.5mg of Fin. (My aim is to slowly reduce my dosage whilst monitoring density).

Min foam in the morning. Usually just a small amount on the top of my head just before the crown. My hair is too long now to use too much and it's 40 degrees where I live, so… the foam melts before it's even touched my scalp most days.

Min liquid at night without fail. A good dose massaged thoroughly into the affected areas. Super greasy… but it's the price you pay. Anyway, no one sees me… I just crawl into bed like I've just dipped my head into a barrel of melted Vaseline.

Dermarolling with a 0.5mm roller mayve once a week if that.

Zinc, biotin and saw palmetto daily.

No special shampoos, I use nizoral every now and then and recently have come across something called sebamed antihairloss shampoo. I have no idea if it works, however it makes my hair feel great.

Lots of exercise, almost daily.

Trying to sleep well and keep stress levels down, however these too I am failing miserably at lately.

After gradually reducing the amount of min used for almost a year now, I have not noticed any major loss in density. However, I have not been taking the reduced amout of fin for longer enough to know whether this has had any negative effect. I will report back in a few months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20200706_144643.jpg

Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	67847  

No, I've no had any side effects (touch wood) from taking fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Diffuse33 View Post
    Here is my latest update at 21 months.

I have grown my hair out longer on top (around six inches on top, short on back and sides).

My daily routine now is alternating daily between 1mg and 0.5mg of Fin. (My aim is to slowly reduce my dosage whilst monitoring density).

Min foam in the morning. Usually just a small amount on the top of my head just before the crown. My hair is too long now to use too much and it's 40 degrees where I live, so… the foam melts before it's even touched my scalp most days.

Min liquid at night without fail. A good dose massaged thoroughly into the affected areas. Super greasy… but it's the price you pay. Anyway, no one sees me… I just crawl into bed like I've just dipped my head into a barrel of melted Vaseline.

Dermarolling with a 0.5mm roller mayve once a week if that.

Zinc, biotin and saw palmetto daily.

No special shampoos, I use nizoral every now and then and recently have come across something called sebamed antihairloss shampoo. I have no idea if it works, however it makes my hair feel great.

Lots of exercise, almost daily.

Trying to sleep well and keep stress levels down, however these too I am failing miserably at lately.

After gradually reducing the amount of min used for almost a year now, I have not noticed any major loss in density. However, I have not been taking the reduced amout of fin for longer enough to know whether this has had any negative effect. I will report back in a few months.
    Your results are probably the best I've seen here. Can you do a rundown for how you use the dermaroller? Do you use it right before you apply the minoxidil? Any specific method to how you role it.

Also do you take the Saw Palmetto in addition to the Finasteride or in place of? Thanks and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by FAA952 View Post
    Your results are probably the best I've seen here. Can you do a rundown for how you use the dermaroller? Do you use it right before you apply the minoxidil? Any specific method to how you role it.

Also do you take the Saw Palmetto in addition to the Finasteride or in place of? Thanks and congrats!
    Hi, I take Saw Palmetto daily alongside Fin, I take both tablets when I wake on an empty stomach. It might be worth mentioning, I also take a collagen tablet daily as well. I started taking the collagen tablet about 6 months ago and I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but the one stubborn thin spot on the top of my head just before my crown has gained some density. As I've been using fin and min for almost two years I had assumed that the follicles on that one stop had miniaturized too much to recover as well as the others. However, after nearly two years that thin spot is starting to gain density. The only difference to my routine has been the addition of the collagen. Oh and about half a year ago I moved from a hard water area to a soft water area.

Apologies for the bad grammar… it's late.

All the best.

As for derma rolling, it depends on the length of your hair, how long is your's?

Default 2 years 3 months on from starting treatment (middle part)

Latest update 2 years and 3 months on from when I started taking Fin and using Min.

Name:	20210202_110348.jpg

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	69811  

Sorry for the late reply. I keep my hair shorter than yours...probably around a 4 or 5 if I were to use a razor. Attaching a pic for reference. I'm going to start adding derma rolling to my routine. Do you recommend that I do it before applying minoxidil or after? Thanks!

Name:	Jan:Feb.jpg

Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	69919