+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb More hair at 35 than 22 - How I did it

Hi Guys,

I recently passed my 35th birthday and got married the same week. I saw that among my groomsmen, I was the only one who still had a lot of hair. You may be saying to yourself, "Oh, he just got married a week ago--no wonder he still has hair! Hasn't had to deal with a wife and kids!" That may be true, but I want to share my story anyway because I hope it helps others.

I started losing hair at age 20. I wasn't surprised. All the men on both sides of my family are bald. So I decided to fight it--hard. And, I can honestly say that as I look back at photos from my early 20's I have more hair now than I did then. It's turning grey but I don't mind that at all.

Below is what I have done. I wish I could be more scientific and have tried doing one thing at a time in order to isolate what works best, but let's get real--if you stop using a product that is the only thing keeping your hair in place you could lose it so I don't dare risk that.

Steps taken to fight back:

1- I take a hair and nails vitamin every day

2- I use minoxidil (well, I use Kirkland Signature generic foam from Costco because it seems exactly the same as Rogain and costs a lot less). I use it even though I was balding in the front and most of the rigorous studied have shown its effects on the crown but I figure if it stimulates blood flow and follicles in the back then why not in the front!

3- I drink a detox tea three times per week. I like one called Playa Fit Tea that sells on Amazon because it is produced in Chile (not in toxic places like most teas out of China). I've been to Chile and it's a very clean environment. That tea also has a lot of antioxidants such as hibiscus and maqui berry. I know from working with pharaceutical companies that you can see almost every sort of toxin such as pesticides, pollutants (even fire retardants oddly enough) in someone's hair samples and so I think it's important to use a detox tea from a clean place.

4- I take a nap in a zero-gravity lawn chair (you can get them on Amazon for like $35 USD) so that I get more blood flow to my head

5- I try not to wear tight fitting hats that could restrict blood flow.

6- I was patient. It took probably 9-12mo before my hair started getting thicker and the wispy hairs on my forehead started looking like proper hairs again.

OK hope this helps. "Lustrous Mane" is a joke, but I do have a lot more hair than I ever expected to or that my family DNA would have me possess. Good luck!

No pics, didn't happen.

Default Hair Now

Hair today since someone asked for pic -- me holding Nov 2018 issue of Consumer Reports. It's how I pose for all photos ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair n Date.jpg

Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	59377  

Default College Hair

Me at dance in college-- note the awesome background! I was definitely on a tropical island and not New Jersey. Click image for larger version

Name:	College Hair.jpg

Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	59378