+ Reply to Thread

Default Help with repair

This is my first time posting and I'm hoping to get some guidance.
    Here's my story. Had first transplant at 18 years old. I had a bad scar from an accident that ran throughout my scalp and wanted to see if I could have hairs transplanted into scar. The doctor I went to said yes. I knew nothing about hair transplants and had no idea what I was getting into. During the first procedure he not only transplanted into scar but also lowered hairline and closed off the temples to fill in some recession in the corners. The results of the first procedure were not good. There was pitting, odd angles, and bad density, it looked like doll hair. Ashamed and embarrassed I went back to same Dr., and he convinced me to do another procedure and that we just needed to fill it in. Another bad result. Went back to him one more time, and he said we need to do one more, and this time we would, "blast it, and really fill it in." I agreed, not understanding that I was making a bad situation worse. Its hard to explain my mindset at the time, but I was incredibly ashamed and desperate.
    After third procedure grew in I finally fully realized that it had only gotten worse. I posted my story on a website called hairtranplantshorrorstories.com Upon posting my story I was contacted by a few people who understood hair transplants, and told me I needed to go see some other doctors to get their opinions. So I jumped on a bus and went to Hasson and Wong, and Shapiro medical. Both Hasson and Wong and Shapiro said it was criminal what was done to me and recommended that I have the hairline cut out via a resection, then come back with another transplant to create a new hairline and cover the scar from the resection. This plan really terrified me and Dr. Shapiro said that we could FUE the hairs from the hairline instead of the resection. I choose the FUE route which ended up being a bad decision. Since then I have gone through 3 FUE procedures to remove hairs from the old hairline, and then one more strip procedure to try and soften the hairline and fill in. I am know 37 years old and it is one year after the last strip procedure and I am very unhappy with the results and don't know what to do next.
    I still have hairs that need to be removed from the hairline, my hairloss had accelerated even though I take propecia, the hairline still has pitting, and odd angles hairs, I have a massive bald spot on the crown, my donor is mostly used up from the four strip procedures. You'd have to see my hair in person to fully appreciate the problems I face. This whole thing has been devastating to me. I don't go anywhere without a hat, I suffer from severe depression, I don't have a job, am single, and live at home with my parents, and I've been paying for hair transplant surgeries since I was 18 and I'm broke.
    My hair never leaves my mind, the only break I get is when I sleep. I don't know what to do next. I'm schedueld to see some doctors this week, I live in the L.A. area. My honest feeling is that my only hope might be through Body Hair Transplantation with Dr. Umar, or maybe somehow something could be done with SMP. I've been dealing with this for 20 years and there's no end in sight. I guess I'm just looking for some guidance, or encouragement. Any help would be much appreciated

Just of note, Dr. Shapiro suggested that FUE could be used to remove hairline but I had the procedures done with another doctor. Just wanted to clarify that.

What kind of monster does a transplant on an 18-year old?

Yeah, Ive asked myself the same question, how could someone who understands the nature of hair transplants do that? I had no idea what I was getting into.

Just curious, OP, did you find a doctor?

not yet