Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usernameleggings
    • Oct 2018

Started using Hair fibers

Hi everyone, Ill start by sayin im 33 years old with diffuse thining. I am sure I am aroudn NW 3.5- NW 4. I just recently started using hair fibers and styled my hair a certain way and I was wondering if I can get some of your opinons on how my hair looks with the fibers locked in. I guess I just want some brutal honest opinions so that when I do go out and about with the fibers in, and someone looks at my hair I can know what exactly they're looking at...Does my hair still look badly thinning? what NW does my hair look like with the fibers in and my hair styled? One of my biggest concerns is having someone look at my hair and know that I'm trying to cover up a balding head which we all know is the worst (combover etc). Does my hair look alright with what I'm doing?

thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

The images in this post are my hair without anything in it, the pics of my hair after its styled will be in my next post after this one.
    Attached Files
  • usernameleggings
    • Oct 2018

Here are the pictures after I styled it and applied hair fibers.
    Attached Files

Comment

• BaldBearded
      • Jan 2017

You can probably get away with this for a bit, but, stay out of the rain. It must be a mess.

Comment

• usernameleggings
        • Oct 2018

Thanks for reply and yeah I do try to keep out of the rain when I have it on. Luckily where I live it hardly rains hard.

Comment

• djsquared
          • Dec 2012

Looks good. But I’ll caveat that thru pics and in person are far different. I will say this. I was in a wedding this weekend and really dreaded it (how I’d look in pics). So I used hair fibers. I think it did a good job at keeping it concealed. I didn’t notice a single person looking at my head (as I normally do without it). If anything I hope it helps with pics. So good luck.

Comment

• usernameleggings
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by djsquared
            Looks good. But I’ll caveat that thru pics and in person are far different. I will say this. I was in a wedding this weekend and really dreaded it (how I’d look in pics). So I used hair fibers. I think it did a good job at keeping it concealed. I didn’t notice a single person looking at my head (as I normally do without it). If anything I hope it helps with pics. So good luck.
            I know what you meant about photos and real life being different. When I look at the photos and even a mirror at home I think it looks alright. But once I’m out and about I glance at myself in the mirror and start seeing every little flaw that could look like I’m hiding my thinness. But it could be me just being paranoid with the hair fibers as I’m not 100% used to wearing it out yet

Comment

• kevlict
              • Jun 2018

Looks really good! I used the hair fiber too and I am happy with the result. Which brand are you using?

This is the brand that I am using now:

Comment

• BaldBearded
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by usernameleggings
                Thanks for reply and yeah I do try to keep out of the rain when I have it on. Luckily where I live it hardly rains hard.
                Maybe it's time to move to a good-quality hair system?

Comment

• usernameleggings
                  • Oct 2018

Originally posted by BaldBearded
                  Maybe it's time to move to a good-quality hair system?
                  Don’t think I’d ever go down that route, I’ll most likely shave it down if it ever gets to the point that i can’t conceal it. I’m hopin the topsoil helps me out for at least the next 5-10 years.

Comment

• Lilly Red
                    • Sep 2022

Hair fibres brands and thoughts !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 12.58.31 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	445460Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 12.58.38 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	445459Hi peeps! Wanted to share my experience using hair fibres as there are so many brands out there claiming to do the same... and they are definitely not all useful !!! I have tried Cabooki, Topikk, Hairatin and Boldify and honestly they all worked for me in some point. They did what they say, cover bald spots. but how they did it was very different depending on the brand. Cabooki and Toppik seem like a cheap scalp cover, unlike Hairatin and Boldify which looked much more real and undetectable. Boldify shades are not my favorite but you get what you pay for. As for my own experience, I would to say the best I have tried, and I seriously, have tried them all, has to be Hairatin. The color shades are such a good match and the fibers really stick to your hair and not your bald scalp (and trust me you don't want it to look as if the fibers sit on your scalp). I'm sharing my pictures of the before and after look so you can judge by yourself.... and good luck my bald friends, hope this helps if you ever run into these brands !

Comment

• Goldiclifton
                      • Jun 2022

It's completely understandable to be concerned about how your hair looks and to want honest feedback. While it's difficult to provide specific opinions without seeing your hair in person or through photos, I can offer some general advice.

Firstly, it's important to remember that hair fibers can be a great temporary solution for thinning hair, but they may not always provide the most natural-looking results. Here you can check Lace Hair System While they can help conceal areas of thinning, it's important to use them properly and to avoid applying too much product or using a color that doesn't match your natural hair.

In terms of your concerns about others noticing your thinning hair or use of hair fibers, it's important to remember that most people are likely more concerned with their own appearance than yours. While it's understandable to want to avoid being seen as someone with obvious hair loss, it's also important to focus on what makes you feel confident and comfortable.

Ultimately, the best way to know if your hair looks good with hair fibers and styling is to get feedback from trusted friends or family members who can offer their honest opinions. If you're concerned about someone noticing your use of hair fibers, try using a small amount and blending it in well with your natural hair.

Overall, it's important to remember that there are many options available for those with thinning hair, including hair fibers, haircuts, and other treatments. It's up to you to decide what works best for your individual needs and to focus on feeling confident and comfortable in your own skin.
                      Last edited by Goldiclifton; 03-24-2023, 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Working...