+ Reply to Thread

Default HairClub's EXT (Extreme Hair Therapy) Program

Hello,

I wanted to know if anybody has had any experience with HairClub's EXT program? I'm 33 years old and starting to lose hair fast. I've had a slight receding hairline for about 5 years but lately my hands get covered with hair when I wash my hair and again when I apply gel. I've been using Costco's minoxidil for about a year now. It may have helped slightly for the first month or so but seems to have no affect now. I haven't tried propecia yet but I have an appointment in a few days to get a prescription.

Last week, I finally decided that I had enough and made an appointment at HairClub. The appointment went well. The guy was really nice. He gave me my free microscopic viewing and showed me all the hairs that were dying and the clogged pores. This was rather interesting. He told me that I wasn't in need of a transplant yet and might avoid it completely if I start this EXT program. If you don't know what this includes, here is a list: Special shampoo, conditioner, scalp cleaner, minoxidil, herbal pills and a water filter shower head along with 14 in-house scalp cleanings. I was then told that they are having a special for $2499.00 for one year, (not sure if this is actually a sale or their normal price but includes everything needed for that year).

He had a nice presentation and lots of reading material for this program which got me excited. I tried to research this program online and can't seem to find anything good or bad about it. Even on this website, I haven't really found anything.

Any thoughts or details on your experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Default Reply: Hcm ext

Hey cocnutguy,

Hair Club is where I started my sjourney to a slight receding hairline 10 years ago. I can tell you just two things about your question.
    1. I don't recall if it was referred to as EXT, but I have heard of a similar service by HCFM was a ripoff because what they offered could be found primarily w/o HCFM, so the complaint was you were basically paying for someone to wash your hair.
    2. The Hair Club for Men gets about as much respect from this forum that Bosley Medical gets, both of which are treated with contempt. I won't get into the reasons, but if you read enough here, you will become aware of those reasons.

Let me just part by adding that you should explore all options and learn as much as you can before shelling out that kind of money that could possibly be used for something more effective. It may be HCFM, I don't claim to know but I wouldn't go with them from all that I have learned. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks for the responses!

I wasn't really expecting to hear anything good about it but guess I was hopeful. Hopefully propecia will help some if I ever get it. My doctor keeps making me get blood tests and this and that trying to figure out why I am losing my hair instead of just giving me a prescription

Default EXT didn't work for me

I wouldn't go with EXT. All the client files they show is marketing material, they said I should see result in 3-4 months. I am on my 7th month and didn't see anything. Now they claim that you are not looking hair. There is no way to measure; scope they use is piece of shit that doesn't do any help... Every time the stylist would show me some baby hair and that is it...
    I signed a 1 yr contract and couldn't cancel it. Please don't waste $2500 on this program. I would appreciate if someone show me a way to get out the contract