• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neuro89
    • Sep 2018

PHOTOS - 31 y/o HT CANDIDATE; SEEKING FEEDBACK

Hi guys,

I'm a 31 y/o guy from Kent in the UK.
    I've been losing hair for around 2 years or so now.
    I've tried Minoxidil; I got pretty severe heart palpitations and was continuing to shed so stopped.
    I got 3x PRP sessions earlier this year which just seemed to speed up my hairloss - i went to DHI in London for this and found them to be super salesy, a bit deceptive and was really unimpressed, just in case anyone wants a reference.
    I do not want to take propecia or finasteride due to the side and history of depression and bad side effects from medications like escitalopram.

I used to have incredibly thick, dense hair but it's now got to a stage where I've had to accept that I'll need a few HT FUE procedures - hoping to get the first done in Turkey this Christmas.

I've been monitoring this forum for a while and have noticed the really honest, open and knowledgable feedback given, so would be intersted to see what you think about my pics - how many grafts would you say is a reasonable quote etc, what would you recomend focusing on blah blah blah.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Alex
    Attached Files
  • Neuro89
    • Sep 2018

Update - had a quote back from Asmed saying I’d need between 1800 - 2200 grafts, based on those photos. Cost €2.5 / graft.

Do you feel that’s too much? I was expecting more like 1200 🤷*♂️

Comment

• DAVE52
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Neuro89
      I do not want to take propecia or finasteride due to the side and history of depression and bad side effects from medications like escitalopram.
      You will probably continue to lose more hair , even after the 1st HT

Comment

• Neuro89
        • Sep 2018

Yep. Expecting that, I know I will need more than one over the years. Was looking more for feedback on potential loss pattern, grafts needed etc!

Comment

• Spex
          Dr Representative
          • Nov 2008

Consider stabilising loss by getting on finasteride as hair loss is progressive. Id make sure your hair loss is under control rather than rushing into a HT.

Research, Research, Research.
          Regards
          SPEX
          Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Neuro89
            • Sep 2018

I appreciate what you’re saying. I’ve tried everything but finasteride; I’m absolutely terrified on contracting the side effects. Whilst being bald would be absolutely devastating for me, I suspect losing my sex drive and everything else would be just as bad, if not worse!

Comment

• Spex
              Dr Representative
              • Nov 2008

I was on it 17years and never had and sides or lost sex drive.
              Regards
              Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Neuro89
                • Sep 2018

That is quite reassuring.
                I’ve been researching (predominantly online) for about 2 years now and it seems that around 10% of users get unpleasant sides. Indeed, some people in the industry have advised me against it.
                I see the logic in going on it but it just seems like a huge risk.
                I appreciate that an HT should always be a last resort but the expense / time etc is preferable to the potential negative side effects of finasteride. I’ve had similar side effects from depression medications in my early 20s so have additional reason to believe I’d be susceptible.

Comment

• Spex
                  Dr Representative
                  • Nov 2008

I concur. Side effects can and do occur in some like with all medications.

If the risk to you isn’t worth it then all good. Just important you understand the long term implications of getting a HT Young with no regime in place to prevent further loss.

Regards
                  Spex

Comment

• Neuro89
                    • Sep 2018

I do. I may give it a go but I’d have to be extremely desperate / accepting of a eunuch’s lifestyle.
                    Just keen to establish how far it’ll go / when it will stop, but I guess that’s nigh on impossible

Comment

• Spex
                      Dr Representative
                      • Nov 2008

I hear ya man but DO NOT rush into a HT out of desperation. They rarely end well!

Regards
                      Spex

Comment

• Steve72
                        • Aug 2018

You could start off micro dosing with finasteride to ease yourself in or maybe try the topical variant?

I started on finasteride just under 3 months ago and had a really good early response, I read into the possible side effects before hand and went into the medication with full knowledge, testicular pain seems to be one of the most common side effects which indeed I did get mid way through week 1, this then completely subsided into the middle of week 2 and had nothing since.

Spex's advice is spot on, don't rush into anything at least without trying medication first.

Good luck & I wish you well.

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

Good advice. I wrote a post on “ Transitioning on to Finasteride” on here. Run a search on here or on google and take a look.

Regards
                          Spex

Comment

• sifu
                            • Dec 2018

I'm with Spex here. Really think these medications are even more vital to be taking after a transplant. Ive never had any noteworthy sexual side effects on finesteride. Your hair looks great. Minoxidil is great for that type of thinning and I'd bet a lot of money the heart palpitations are unrelated. At 31, you're too young to be robbing Peter to pay Paul with a HT without a stable hairline behind it.

Also- Start working out!!!!

Comment

Working...