+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Default Dr. Lindsey patient cleaning nuances

o I realize that this may not apply to guys/girls getting work done elsewhere...always follow the instructions YOUR doctor gives you regarding how to take care of your hair tranplant.

BUT, if you go back over the years of my posts, you'll see lots of discussion on cleaning. I always knew cleaning of scabs and debris was important, but somewhere around 2011 I had a great 3000 graft completely bald (preop) lawyer who allowed such thick crusts to form that by day 7, he had "autoextracted" essentially rows of grafts that looked like bald rivers.... We later did a 2nd planned case and addressed the "rivers" at the same time and have several videos showing his progress and results....I'm quite proud of his final result, now about 4 or 5 years out.

That confirmed my theory that what happens is on one hand you have hair grafts being revascularized and getting anchored into the recipient scalp...which gets more attached daily... And on the other hand you can get all this thick scabby goo that once solidified...actually has greater tensile strength to other grafts than the grafts do to the scalp....so when a few start to get pulled, you autoextract a river of hair grafts. I've photodocumented this a few times and now have done lots of cleaning lectures and videos. NEVERTHELESS, it seems really rich guys, and doctors and lawyers...never want to clean like I want them to. And frequent readers of my blogs or visitors to my office know that we'll help you clean daily for no extra cost. WE JUST WANT IT TO WORK!

So I was particularly enthused when this high powered lawyer, who refused to come for us to help him clean...did a great job. And he's related to one of my favorite professors in my residency. Take a look and if you are one of our patients....do this. Otherwise do what your own doctor says.

The video is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oly1jZE3HQI

Dr. Lindsey

McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile