Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hey Joe,

What is your opnion on using minoxidil (for the first time) after hair transplant?
    I'm using it (foam) 1 month post op and plan using it till 4-5 month post op and then stop.

I have read that it can speed up the growth proccess.

What is your take on it?

Quote Originally Posted by farsanUK View Post
    Joe, from your Instagram I see you were taking a day off from the HT world... you just couldnt stay away could you ?

I don't want to go on and on but I think patients that have hair on the courser side and high contrast are more challenging when it comes to trying to create a soft transition at the very front. I think it is better to go quite dense to the very front in these cases. I've seen 6 more hairs sprout so hopefully this will help matters but it is what it is the attention to detail is lacking which is why at 12 months I will consult with the guys you represent I think baubac suits my style of case from the few cases I've seen but will see what happens. Yes it's not Kyle Christie bad but it has issues which should be resolved I feel. I have 2500 grafts left (asmed says alot more but their idea of the safe zone is more brave) so I have to be really careful as to what type of surgeon i go to next, I certainly dont want to use it all up maybe half if that's what's required, see how it grows and save the rest for later.

Density was 46-48 cm2 depending on how bald an area was - this is what they told me.
    Hi. in your pre operative photos it was written that the density is gonna be 80 grafts per cm2, why they told you after that it is only around 45 f/cm2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Templesrunner View Post
    Hey Joe,

What is your opnion on using minoxidil (for the first time) after hair transplant?
    I'm using it (foam) 1 month post op and plan using it till 4-5 month post op and then stop.

I have read that it can speed up the growth proccess.

What is your take on it?
    I think there is a chance that it does exactly that, and is why some clinics recommend it. However, I personally think it's a bad idea. Think of it like this. You start minox after a hair transplant and the grafts start to grow two weeks earlier than they would have without minox. Then you stop taking it. Who's to say that you don't lose hair from some sort of shock loss from ceasing the use of minox? It happens to longer term users as any hair they saved will fall out, so if you have any benefits from it for the short term (which can happen) why risk losing any gains you might make? I personally would never do that myself just for the sake of having a few hairs a month early. This is a long process so don't be in a rush.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by Simoo View Post
    Hi. in your pre operative photos it was written that the density is gonna be 80 grafts per cm2, why they told you after that it is only around 45 f/cm2 ?
    That's the area not density transplanted. 80cm2 would be nuts no one does that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I think there is a chance that it does exactly that, and is why some clinics recommend it. However, I personally think it's a bad idea. Think of it like this. You start minox after a hair transplant and the grafts start to grow two weeks earlier than they would have without minox. Then you stop taking it. Who's to say that you don't lose hair from some sort of shock loss from ceasing the use of minox? It happens to longer term users as any hair they saved will fall out, so if you have any benefits from it for the short term (which can happen) why risk losing any gains you might make? I personally would never do that myself just for the sake of having a few hairs a month early. This is a long process so don't be in a rush.
    Thanks for the answer.

My logic was, that because in this case, minox doesn't "save" hairs (because the transplanted hairs are stronger, and not going to fall naturally), than there won't be a shock loss after using it.

I guess what you wrote is true for weaker hair, but, I guess I won't take any chances, and stop using it gradually. I have used it for 25 days till now.

Hello @farsanUK

Also from the UK here, I have been following this topic with interest as I have a similar hair loss to you, your results and experiences with ASMED have allowed me to feel comfortable with going forward with the hair transplant process. I am booked for surgery with ASMED at the end of the month, my co-ordinator is also Sema. In fact when I sent the clinic my pictures I was quoted the exact same amount of grafts in the same areas as you were, that's how similar our hair loss is.

I have a few questions if that's OK with you, if you could answer them, either here or in private message I'd appreciate that greatly.

When in the consultation process you say you were taken for blood tests etc. Can you explain what the tests were, what are all the screening processes? What is every pre-test they conduct? Are they in private or are they with all the patients in one room who will be getting surgery that day?

You also say that when the operation is in process that you have to tell them if you feel any pain and they will rectify it, in what way? Is it all done with IV in the arm? Do you have machines attached to your chest or other areas during the surgery, just wondering for comfort reasons, are you strapped to a lot of machines in the same position for hours or are you allowed any movement and how that process works?

Can you show updated pictures that are taken from the back that show the crown region just so I know what to roughly (and hopefully) expect after surgery.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help given.

could I have your contacts? at the moment Im contacting all patients harmed by ASMED to get justice, Ideally class action lawsuit.

Can I have your contacts as well mate? I cant send you private message on Forum

Hey guys, so im at 10.5 months post-op and i would say the results are average at best. The hairline is pretty much natural but density wise not great like alot of other guys who went asmed have reported. When you see what the clinic posts and what patients have been posting in the past 18 months its as if its a different clinic (not true but you get my point).The crown has had growth but i expected better for 2100 grafts. Overall im finding it hard what to make of it i will be post my results at the 11 month mark or at 12 months. I have booked a consultation with dr lupanzula in october to get a proper assessment of it. Going forward this all hinges on what donar i have left.

KORAY ERDOGAN AT ASMED. 12 MONTH FINAL RESULT DISASTER

So after much hope it looks like a failure. Whilst there is obvious growth there has been permanent shock loss in the front. Infact there is not much difference in the front , yes there is more body to the hairline but this is not a result which is 5000 grafts. Here's the thing, its not like im the unlucky one, this has been consistently happening to alot of patients at asmed in the last 2 years. Unfortunately this forum does not have many patient posted results but if you go on to htn for example and really dig deep into patient posted results you will see a very similar trend. Theres too many photos to post so click the link below where you can view results on my google drive photos, it also has a video

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...bJ5LBBahT36kyI

The only good thing is the donar area is still in good condition despite so many grafts. I went to see Dr Lupanzula and he estimated approximately 3000 grafts remain and quoted me 1800 - 2300 grafts where 1300 would address the crown and 1000 to address the hairline and that gap right behind the centre of it so theres hope yet. Im thinking take a safe route and divide into 2 surgeries rather than 2 consecutive days as proposed. Will only consult with guys who are on Joe Tillman's site. yes ive heard it before - theres not a doctor on a iahrs that hasnt messed up at least 1 patient.