Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default 6 months post-op hairline Update - Asmed - Dr Koray Erdogan

Below are photos at 6 months. For this update I'm focusing on the hairline work only. So I'm going to be to the point - growth is on course but naturalness is lacking. I have to use a strong bristle brush to even the left half of the hairline to make it look smooth. Yes my hair and scalp contrast is high which makes the problem look worse than it is. There is a real pluggy look to it which I'm not happy about. Certain angles make it less and more obvious. You need to zoom in on the pictures because from far away it can give the impression of being fine.

This will no doubt improve and get fuller over the next 3 to 4 months but I just want to get to 12 months and make a decision about getting the front looking more natural and a smoother transition. The next time I will certainly look at one of Joe Tillman's docs they seem to be a class apart from everyone else. This is not a botch job but the naturalness of hair lines is where you can truly judge how good a clinic is. To the average Joe they wouldn't notice anything, but to us students of hair loss and hair restoration we can notice what is natural or not certainly when it comes to hair lines.

Anyway at least it's not a Kyle Christie hairline so there is hope yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20190404_153707.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	62102   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_231923.jpg

Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	62103   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_230936.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	62104   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_231112.jpg

Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	62105   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_231744.jpg

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	62106   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_231031.jpg

Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	62107   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190403_154228.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	62108   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190331_233155.jpg

Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	62109  

It's not that bad. it looks pretty good. anyway the hair will look better and better in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Templesrunner View Post
    It's not that bad. it looks pretty good. anyway the hair will look better and better in time.
    I agree it's not the worst. Infact if you look at it without clicking on the photos it looks great and natural. But ofcourse when analysed properly its pluggy and sparse, yes it will get better but not a great deal better, pluggy is pluggy doubles are doubles they don't all of a sudden turn into singles but I'll wait till 12 months no doubt. Thanks for the support.

Hy Farsan, I think that all this good result photos and videos from clinics are from persons that are loosing density and were not complete bald around hairline. Also they cut them short so we can believe that they have less native hair than we do, and it is usually opposite. You also have some native hair in the middle hairline and that help you a lot with density. Joe Tillman I like but he have several HT-s. I think if they put us only single hair forward in few rows deep (as he said) in one session how they will than get density for persons without any hair in that area ? Especially if person want to lower the hairline what means more vertical angle of the had and more visible trough. Even young guys with dense hair and lot of graft transplanted like that Planet Stephen need to do second procedure. Anyhow for mans over 35 see trough hair is natural for most guys out there. ;-) Your donor looks great so if you need more density you can go for 2nd. I think you look a lot better than before.

wanna see worst? see my results at ASMED at 8th months!
    devastating

thread

By the way I can't see any doubles in your hairline. I think once the density will improve in the hairline, the contrast will look better.

because you have light skin and dark hair it looks a bit pluggy. the transplanted hair grows at first with a different texture, later it becames more smooth and manageable. in the meantime maybe you can try to get a tan (spray or lotion) it will make the contrast less obvious.

I think you will have a good result at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    Hy Farsan, I think that all this good result photos and videos from clinics are from persons that are loosing density and were not complete bald around hairline. Also they cut them short so we can believe that they have less native hair than we do, and it is usually opposite. You also have some native hair in the middle hairline and that help you a lot with density. Joe Tillman I like but he have several HT-s. I think if they put us only single hair forward in few rows deep (as he said) in one session how they will than get density for persons without any hair in that area ? Especially if person want to lower the hairline what means more vertical angle of the had and more visible trough. Even young guys with dense hair and lot of graft transplanted like that Planet Stephen need to do second procedure. Anyhow for mans over 35 see trough hair is natural for most guys out there. ;-) Your donor looks great so if you need more density you can go for 2nd. I think you look a lot better than before.
    When using single hair grafts the "first few rows" do not have to a massive crevasse, but also, no clinic should promise desired density in one pass as it rarely works out to be the case, even when cheaper clinics take shortcuts by using massive grafts at the very front of the hairline that induces the doll head appearance.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    When using single hair grafts the "first few rows" do not have to a massive crevasse, but also, no clinic should promise desired density in one pass as it rarely works out to be the case, even when cheaper clinics take shortcuts by using massive grafts at the very front of the hairline that induces the doll head appearance.
    Joe, from your Instagram I see you were taking a day off from the HT world... you just couldnt stay away could you ?

I don't want to go on and on but I think patients that have hair on the courser side and high contrast are more challenging when it comes to trying to create a soft transition at the very front. I think it is better to go quite dense to the very front in these cases. I've seen 6 more hairs sprout so hopefully this will help matters but it is what it is the attention to detail is lacking which is why at 12 months I will consult with the guys you represent I think baubac suits my style of case from the few cases I've seen but will see what happens. Yes it's not Kyle Christie bad but it has issues which should be resolved I feel. I have 2500 grafts left (asmed says alot more but their idea of the safe zone is more brave) so I have to be really careful as to what type of surgeon i go to next, I certainly dont want to use it all up maybe half if that's what's required, see how it grows and save the rest for later.

Density was 46-48 cm2 depending on how bald an area was - this is what they told me.

You're correct in that density needs to be brought right up to the front when using coarser hairs. Soft transition zones don't exist in such cases and when the coarse hair is black on fair skin, it makes naturalness an even bigger challenge. Your density is improving, as I suspected it would, and the good news is that you don't require dense packing to increase the density to a level that you may be more satisfied with. The baseline is established now, but I think you're in a good position overall based on your improvements and the results I see so far.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I have the exact same problem. Multi hairgrafts used in the hairline and hair angles resulting in a cowlick look hairline. Not happy. Asmed have been notified