Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Dear Karlsch,

Good Luck with your operation and I am confident that you are in good hands however note the following:
    1. Please make sure you have a full breakfast on the day of the surgery, I went on an empty stomach (I usually dont have breakfast) you will be drained if you dont have some food (before lunch).
    2. The Anesthetic can make the body go cold and make your feel a bit weird, but dont worry its all normal.
    3. Make sure you breath throughout the procedure to keep yourself calm and relaxed.
    4. Take your phone and enjoy some music
    5. Finally Say Hi to Dr K (say Mr Saber from UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Theo Saber View Post
    I am back already! my surgery finished a week ago but I can tell you my head was swollen like Frankenstein for 4 days then slowly it went down. Take the medication properly and wear the headband for at least 5 days. The hair washing is very important but remember you need 5-10 days for the Grafts to fully settle in, I find that the back of the head (the donor) area is starting to hurt a little so been taking paracetamol. Overall the pain afterwards has been ok to my surprise! All the best
    How is your healing process going? Not much happening in the way of scabs coming off the transplant area yet. Donor area is very itchy and 70% scabs have come off. Many of your scabs coming off? Any shedding yet?

Hi Theo
    i said hi from you to DR k.
    Had my second surgery yesterday. FUT. man it took a long time, around 11 hours start to finish with 6 hours for the implantation alone.
    They got 2000 hairs from the fue the day before but over 8800 hairs from the FUT yesterday. they got so many that near the end they were having trouble finding where to put the follicles. I am not complaining about that.
    Enjoy reading both yours and 37L posts which kind of give me a heads up as to whats coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlsch View Post
    Hi Theo
    i said hi from you to DR k.
    Had my second surgery yesterday. FUT. man it took a long time, around 11 hours start to finish with 6 hours for the implantation alone.
    They got 2000 hairs from the fue the day before but over 8800 hairs from the FUT yesterday. they got so many that near the end they were having trouble finding where to put the follicles. I am not complaining about that.
    Enjoy reading both yours and 37L posts which kind of give me a heads up as to whats coming.
    All done man. Congrats.
    Frustrating healing process coming up now haha. It’s uncomfortable and itchy so be prepared. It’s day 9 and I still have numbness in my head. Donor area is uncomfortable when trying to sleep.
    And for me that’s the biggest problem. Interrupted/lack of sleep. This all best be worth it haha.

Any questions man feel free to get in touch. I’m experiencing things that are normal but I haven’t seen mentioned in other blogs and forums.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 37L View Post
    All done man. Congrats.
    Frustrating healing process coming up now haha. It’s uncomfortable and itchy so be prepared. It’s day 9 and I still have numbness in my head. Donor area is uncomfortable when trying to sleep.
    And for me that’s the biggest problem. Interrupted/lack of sleep. This all best be worth it haha.

Any questions man feel free to get in touch. I’m experiencing things that are normal but I haven’t seen mentioned in other blogs and forums.
    As uncomfortable as it may be, trust that in the grand scheme of your life, you'll look back on this as a very positive experience that went by relatively quickly. I remember having extremely uncomfortable numbness/throbbing in my donor area, and at the time it seemed almost unbearable. But looking back, I would do it all over again.

Stay patient and optimistic and remember to have realistic expectations in terms of when to expect results.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

thanks. seeing all the things happen that you talked about. but at least its done. The first 48 hours you certainly feel paranoid about not bumping anything on the recepient area. Im now at day 4. Its been interesting trying to figure out the timings as i am now 12 hour time zine away from where I was but I think ive got it sussed now.
    have you finished the pain killers now?

thanks. seeing all the things happen that you talked about. but at least its done. The first 48 hours you certainly feel paranoid about not bumping anything on the recepient area. Im now at day 4. Its been interesting trying to figure out the timings as i am now 12 hour time zine away from where I was but I think ive got it sussed now.
    have you finished the pain killers now?
    Haha looks like you’ve got it sussed.
    Yeah all finished on those and the anti inflammatory so was given.

Day 4 - the itching started yet? I was and still am sleeping in gloves, so paranoid haha.

I’m day 12 and scabs started coming off today, and then often contain little hairs. That has been stressful 🙈.

How’s the healing going? How often you been told to wash your head?

no itching yet. waiting for it to start. how was the swelling afterwards? healing is going well. I started washing my head yesterday. Doc did the first wash, then he said leave it for a day then carry on day 3 and now every day. first wash is interesting as youre still trying to see how to do it, but after that its easy, just get it done the right way

no itching yet. waiting for it to start. how was the swelling afterwards? healing is going well. I started washing my head yesterday. Doc did the first wash, then he said leave it for a day then carry on day 3 and now every day. first wash is interesting as youre still trying to see how to do it, but after that its easy, just get it done the right way
    I did have some swelling, but not loads and it was all gone by about day 4. The headband helped keep the swelling around the forehead area. I removed the headband and the swelling moved down and went. Thankfully it didn’t make my eyes swell and overall swelling wasn’t an issue.
    How’s your swelling? You still got a handband or not given one?

Quote Originally Posted by 37L View Post
    I did have some swelling, but not loads and it was all gone by about day 4. The headband helped keep the swelling around the forehead area. I removed the headband and the swelling moved down and went. Thankfully it didn’t make my eyes swell and overall swelling wasn’t an issue.
    How’s your swelling? You still got a handband or not given one?
    I took the headband off today. same thing as you. the headband kept the swelling around the forehead(man, that was interesting, pressing in the finger and seeing how much swelling there was)seems to be moving down but lessening.