Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexF22
    • Oct 2018

17 and worried about hairline

Hi everyone, new member here. I've visited this site multiple times before, and figured it would be best to become a member. I'm really concerned about my hair line, specifically that one side is receding and is very noticeable around the temple. I also noticed that I can see a good inch through my hair on the right side(which I have up all the time) when under light in the bathroom mirror. Anyways, I'd like to hear what others think as well as any advice to be given. Any help is great appreciated. Also one more note to add, my father has a very receded widows peak, and according to my mother my one temple has always been as it is, though I've only really noticed it the past year.
    Attached Files
  • mrclean
    • Jan 2017

I don't see anything but you have nothing to compare these photos to. Keep pictures and compare in 6 months to a year and if it appears getting worse then start propecia.

Comment

• pkipling
      Inactive
      • Sep 2014

It's hard to tell without Before photos, but your hair seems pretty solid. Irregular hairlines are normal and natural and aren't necessarily indicative of MPB. Monitor your hair at the most once a month and see if you notice changes over time. However, i really think you seem to be in great shape and don't think you have much reason to stress at this point if that makes you feel any better, particularly because you're so young.

Also, hairlines maturing/aging is also normal and may not necessarily mean you're balding. It could just be settling slightly further back. As long as the density at the hairline remains intact, I think you're good.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• AlexF22
        • Oct 2018

Alright thanks for the great advice

Comment

Working...