+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fake Kirkland Signature Minoxidil?

I recently noticed a customer feedback to an Amazon seller complaining its selling of fake Kirkland Signature Minoxidil. Details of the feedback are shown in the following pictures

On the official site of Costco, the picture of Kirkland Signature Minoxidil is shown as follows

Notice that the one marked "FAKE" in the second picture the brand name "Kirkland Signature" is surrounded by a white column, while the picture on the official site does not have such white column. My question is whether the one with white column is fake or not. Or it's simply an updated version of label for Kirkland Signature Minoxidil and it is not yet widely known to the consumers?

Did you notify Kirkland?

i got some kirkland minoxidil from ebay and i have the exact same bottle as the fake one. i was thinking the same thing

I use the Equate brand from walmart..very good quality and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Did you notify Kirkland?
    Not yet.

i bought some more kirkland minoxidil from a seller with high transactions and feedback on ebay. it arrived and was the same labelling as the bottle titled fake. I dont know any sellers based in the uk which has the original labelling. what made me question weather they have changed the labelling is they pictures on the auction was the original labelling.

Hey everyone,

The Tl;dr is that the labelling has changed and so it is not fake Kirkland Minoxidil.

The longer story:

I saw this thread and decided to contact Costco to confirm whether or not the Minoxidil pictured was legitimate as I was considering purchasing it when I came across this thread. First I contacted their customer support but after querying it they said that I would need to contact the manufacturer Perrigo to ask them about the packaging and whether a change had occurred. I sent Perrigo the picture of the packaging but they said they would require the lot number found on the bottle to know for sure if it was legitimate and if the packaging had changed. At that point I decided to bite the bullet and purchased some Minoxidil from Minoxidil Direct online, waited for the package to arrive and then sent the lot number to the customer service team.

They very quickly confirmed that it was legitimate, that Costco needs to change the packaging shown on their website and provided a copy of the new package design in an image that must have been taken from their mock ups that matches the bottle labelled "Fake ?" and the label on the bottles that I have.

It's always better to be careful and to warn others if there could be a risk but I thought it was important to inform people that in this case there is nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeG View Post
    Hey everyone,

The Tl;dr is that the labelling has changed and so it is not fake Kirkland Minoxidil.

The longer story:

I saw this thread and decided to contact Costco to confirm whether or not the Minoxidil pictured was legitimate as I was considering purchasing it when I came across this thread. First I contacted their customer support but after querying it they said that I would need to contact the manufacturer Perrigo to ask them about the packaging and whether a change had occurred. I sent Perrigo the picture of the packaging but they said they would require the lot number found on the bottle to know for sure if it was legitimate and if the packaging had changed. At that point I decided to bite the bullet and purchased some Minoxidil from Minoxidil Direct online, waited for the package to arrive and then sent the lot number to the customer service team.

They very quickly confirmed that it was legitimate, that Costco needs to change the packaging shown on their website and provided a copy of the new package design in an image that must have been taken from their mock ups that matches the bottle labelled "Fake ?" and the label on the bottles that I have.

It's always better to be careful and to warn others if there could be a risk but I thought it was important to inform people that in this case there is nothing to worry about.
    Thank you for your clarification.

this is scary. I've been using the cheapest kirkland brand stuff on ebay for years. Minoxidil is cheap as dirt? So don't know of any real reason why somebody would hassle with selling knockoffs. Does anyone know if this is a known issue I need to look into more closely? Any proven examples or rip off minoxidil?

Quote Originally Posted by leoshueh View Post
    I recently noticed a customer feedback to an Amazon seller complaining its selling of fake Kirkland Signature Minoxidil. Details of the feedback are shown in the following pictures

On the official site of Costco, the picture of Kirkland Signature Minoxidil is shown as follows

Notice that the one marked "FAKE" in the second picture the brand name "Kirkland Signature" is surrounded by a white column, while the picture on the official site does not have such white column. My question is whether the one with white column is fake or not. Or it's simply an updated version of label for Kirkland Signature Minoxidil and it is not yet widely known to the consumers?
    I recently purchased this product from a well-reviewed eBay vendor and it looks like the bottle labeled fake ; they seemed factory sealed but I'm unsure of what this product should look and feel like. What I have has the consistency of rubbing alcohol, maybe very slightly more viscious, and it seems to be transparent. Is this in line with genuine Kirkland 5%?