X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Njshed
    • Sep 2018

20 years on propecia

Hi,

I am 20 year user of brand propecia, and have seen a loss in effectiveness over the last 4 years. Has anyone had the same experience? If so, has anyone increased dosage with success. I am currently on 1mg, and am considering adding an additional 0.5 mg per day of generic Finasteride.

I have a lot of questions and looking for help to hang on to my hair. The dermatologists I have seen have not had any info beyond the basic propecia and rogaine formula.

I have also been trying rogaine for several months and have not seen good results. I have been using only 1x per day.

Will minoxidil only work on the exact area of contact or will it have a effect on Hair in the entire vicinity of placement? It is difficult to cover the entire scalp when you have hair.

Can I get away with minoxidil 1x per day? If so, should I use half a capful?

Do you have to rub minoxidil in?

How long before the shedding stops? It has been a few months. Also itchy scalp. I also have used Nizoral shampoo for nearly 20 years.

Is it ok to mix brand and genetic Finasteride?

Any other suggestions? Thanks!
  • Manochoice
    • Nov 2018

I am not a user of any but I've read some posts of people combining propecia with dutasteride. Some say it is effective but increases the chances of side effects. Have you had any side effects from propecia in these 20 years?

Comment

• Manochoice
      • Nov 2018

I would like to add something to my eralier comment: it seems that dutasteride significantly increaes the chances of developing gynecomastia: In this retrospective 5-year study, the incidence of self-reported breast tenderness and breast enlargement was significantly greater in the dutasteride (3.5%) group compared with the finasteride (1.2%) group (p < 0.01) source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5264352/

Comment

• drewbinsky
        • May 2023

It is recommended to rub minoxidil into the scalp with your fingers to ensure it is evenly distributed and absorbed blossom word game

Comment

Working...