+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: histogen?

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    I just had a consult with a top 3 clinic and they said they get insider updates on things like this before everyone else does, and they told me this hm/cloning is a long ways off. .
    Of course they'd say that. They'd want us all to pay them and use their services now, not save money for HM. They want to make money. So nothing interesting or surprising in their statement.
    Last edited by crashul; 07-08-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling

You're not a very sceptical sceptic are you? A clinic is hardly going to say Histogen is three years away if they're about to sell you a hair transplant.

And if it's a big three, that normally means a rubbish result because they only care about the money.

hdude46- If you don't mind me asking what clinic was it?

Quote Originally Posted by crashul View Post
    people who keep saying "5 years from now, yeah we heard that before" have no basis. They don't regard one important aspect: that science develops exponentially. A 1000 years ago things were moving so slowly that it seemed there was no exponential growth in development. But now there is so you cannot judge the 5 years between 2005-2010 with the same logic as you would 2010-2015. It is always faster.
    I couldn't agree more with this statement. Existing technology of today helps create new technology at a faster rate.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    On the other hand, zero raised to any power is still zero.
    Actually, any number raised to the 0 power (including 0) is 1.

I think you are little to optimisitic saying that Histogen is proven to work and that they are only tweaking and testing for safety. We've only read about the the test results they provided and seen one photo that showed increased growth(albeit promising). I think once they reach the point where they can provide multiple photos of different patients then we can start discussing a timeline. Product safety won't truly be known for several years after it hits the market. Right now every solution is 5 years out. No one is going to say we are 15 to 20 years away because no one would fund them. So they all state the standard line "preliminary results are promising should be available in 5 years". However, I hope this time they are able to back up thier claims.

correct me if im wrong, but Histogen is offering something totally different from HM or hair cloning......Its more of a steriod for hair....at least thats what it seems to me.... So yes im sure HM or cloning is 10 years off.

hmmm.....well .....

Quote Originally Posted by brentipold View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but Histogen is offering something totally different from HM or hair cloning......Its more of a steriod for hair....at least thats what it seems to me.... So yes im sure HM or cloning is 10 years off.
    I'd say PRP si more like a steroid, that's why you have to do it once a year. Histogen's is not hair cloning either, i agree.

But Adernas approach is HM, and the release date is early 2014. Let's say they get it wrong and it's 2017....but still 10 years??? I see no reason why it should take so long.

you honestly see no reason why it should take so long? lol....

hdude46 - Did you get my replay to your post, what clinic told you it was not going to be soon?