Need help deciding on the best clinic for FUE - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help deciding on the best clinic for FUE

Hello everyone,

I want to get a hair transplant as soon as possible. I'm 40 years old, and I've been thinking about it for many years, however I have now finally decided to go forward with it.

About 10 years ago I began to notice the hair loss. I noticed that my hairline was moving upward. From there it started to spread and my hair started to diminish on the crown as well, where i am now almost completely bald.

It should be noted that my hair is curly, favoring me to hide my alopecia. Still, it has taken a toll on my self-esteem.

I'm not a fan of medication, nor do I like wearing wigs
    I do not like the side effects, such as low sex drive and possible erectile disfunction and an increased risk of prostate cancer.

Through a friend of mine who has undergone hair transplant surgery I learned about the possibility of hair transplantation and was astonished by the good results. Since then i am convinced that this is the only solution to my problem and I am now looking into the different clinics and doctors that offer this type of surgery.

A couple of years ago I did a little research, knowing that there are two main methods, FUT and FUE.

Last year I had my first consultation in Bremen/Germany, where I live, with KÖ-HAIR clinic. The consultation takes place in an office at Bremen airport. In this consultation they took a look at my hair and explained the different methods - FUT and FUE.
    They suggested the FUT method, since my hair is curly, guaranteeing that all the follicles were extracted successfully without damaging them. They explained to me that, if I went for the FUE method instead, there would be greater danger of damaging the follicles as they get extracted and this may leave me without enough hair in the donor zone.
    The fact that they made it sound like the FUT method was my only option made me think twice, as this is the least favorite of the two options- it appears to be too invasive in my opinion and I do not want to have a scar at the back of my head…in case my hair loss progresses and the scar would then show even more.

They said I would have to have 2 sessions, the second operation at least after one year.

This year I started getting serious again about researching my options for a transplant, however, this time I am only looking into the FUE method.
    Thus far I visited 2 clinics in Brussels, Medikemos and MyWHTC.
    I loved the Medikemos clinic, with Dr. Emorane Lupanzula. The doctor is very nice and knowledgeable. He explained everything very well and took his time for the consultation. He explained in detail, what is possible and what is not. I did not have to wait and the appointment was at the exact time that I was given. The clinic is impeccable, very clean, and the doctor is educated and very calm. The entire staff were friendly and the premises gave me a good first impression. The privacy of the patients of ongoing operations was guarded, so we were shown around only where no patients were present.

I then had another appointment with Dr. Patrick Mwamba at MyWHTC, but I did not like this clinic at all. I went with my wife and the secretary asked my wife 3 times if she also needed a hair transplant. It was more than obvious that I am the bald one, and that we had already requested an appointment for myself only. We were waiting 1 hour to be taken care of. The secretary did not speak English very well, and since she did not know what else to do, she showed us the clinic. Quite frankly, I was shocked at the amount of dust around and it looked quite old and shabby. The smell was also not exactly appealing. She touched all the things in the supposedly sterile operating room that she was showing us and we even entered the rooms with our shoes. What made me feel uncomfortable was that we were allowed to take a peek at ongoing operations which were apparently mostly performed by other people than the doctor, and we were able to see the patients. Honestly, if it was me being operated I would not want complete strangers to see me. She then took the photos of my hair, that were then added to my file. When counting my hair with a machine the doctor finally took over (a good 1.5 hours after our initial appointment) and what we then witnessed reminded me of a cheap sales show they have on the Canary Island when trying to sell you carpets or duvets. I was offered food supplements, a cap with LEDs for some €3000, vitamins, injections of platelet rich plasma, you name it…they had it all…at an extra cost of course. All this disinformation, pressure to buy unnecessary products and the general appearance of both the doctor and the facilities discouraged me a lot not to opt for this clinic.

So here I am now in this forum, hoping to get help in making the best choice for my hair transplant.

If anyone knows of a good clinic in Barcelona, Madrid, London, ​​I have family there, or Germany, I would be very grateful to hear about your experiences or advice.
    I want to do the operation as soon as possible, but I want to choose wisely as i have also seen online what it can look like when it goes wrong and i really don´t want that ...

I liked the clinic of Dr. Lupanzula very much but I would like to have more options before deciding, because I am a bit far from home and a bit expensive.Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-06 at 19.42.24.jpg

Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	59021Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-06 at 19.42.26.jpg

Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	59022Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-06 at 19.42.28.jpg

Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	59023Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-06 at 19.42.27.jpg

Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	59024Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-06 at 19.42.29.jpg

Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	59025Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-06 at 19.42.30.jpg

Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	59026Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-06 at 19.42.31.jpg

Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	59027

Hello everyone,

I've decided to make the operation with Dr. Lupanzula!
    I'll keep you updated

Hello Guys!

As promised, here is my update.
    I'm really happy with the experience at the Medikemos clinic. I imagined the experience to be much more impersonal, but in reality I felt at home because of the way they treated me. The personal attention of Dr. Lupanzula surprised me a lot. Really, the entire staff was wonderful.

As for the operation, I spent almost all of the time sleeping. The only really painful part was when they administered the local anesthetic via injection - that was horrible. But once numb I felt nothing.

I was given a menu to choose from for lunch. The Dr. and his assistants had their meal together with me which made me feel all the more welcome and looked after.
    Throughout the entire surgery the doctor was by my side and untertook all surgical steps himself. I felt well taken care of. I was offered to watch movies or series, but on the first day I did not feel like it. I preferred to sleep.
    After the operation I felt good, I did not really have any pain - I guess that was mostly thanks to the painkillers

All I had to do was to spray a saline solution (which was given to me by the clinic) on the transplanted area every half hour, and sleep with my head raised (at a 45 degree angle so I was told) to avoid swelling.

Unfortunately my wife and I had chosen a terrible hotel, Hotel Aviation, that looked good on the pictures but was filthy, old and disgusting...the only good thing was that it was very close to the clinic. Next year for my second operation we will definitely stay elsewhere.

Below are the photos of my first day of operation:

Here I am in the waiting room ...

Dr. Lupanzula draws the frontal hairline

Here you can see the whole area to be transplanted in the first operation.

In this picture, all my hair has been shaven ...

Here I am in the operating room. I already have the donor area marked.

In the following photos you can see all of the marked areas:

Area to be transplanted in the first operation

Below is the result of the first day of my operation:

To be continued...

Here is my second day of operation.

Once I got there, the Dr washed my head with Isobetadine Shampoo, explaining how I should do it in the following days of the operation.

He also applied a cream in the donor area for a quick healing:

In the following pictures you will see the result of the operation. I really liked the final result of the front line, it's irregular, natural! In many other clinics I saw results in which the front line was very symmetrical, in others a straight line (horrible!) ...
    The truth is that I am very happy with my new hair: D

Any comments will be very well received

Here is my first day after the operation:

Here is my 4th day after the operation:

Hi CarlosGF any update since, I am getting mine done with DR L still anxious

Discovery how was your experience with FUE?

Carlos how is the result now after many months?

Any Update?