+ Reply to Thread

Default Starting finasteride at 21

Hello,

Heres a little bit about my story. All my life I have had a high hairline, I've been told that I've ben receding since middle school lmao. Unfortunately I went through about an 8 month period of high stress and very poor nutrition. I lost about 35 pounds in a short time from my already skinny frame. I noticed my hair thinning a lot in this period of time all over my head, but especially at the top and on the sides. I definitely had some nutrient deficiencies as my nails also became brittle, I got hot flashes all the time and generally felt unwell, and my blonde hair turned reddish. I have been in denial for a long time, as there is very little history of mpb in my family especially this young. My dad is 60 with a norwood 1 and no grey hair, both grandfathers had full heads of hair, all though my maternal grandfather began to thin around his 60s/70s. Both my brothers have full heads of hair, although one of my brothers does have a hairline similar to mine, but his hair is much thicker. Its been about 5 months since I have improved my diet and removed most of the stressors from my life, however I have noticed very little improvement in my hair. I haven't noticed too much shedding since, however still maybe more than normal. If I run my hands through my hair I might pull out a hair or two, very little hair in shower or pillow however. I notice the most shed when I am typing on my laptop and see a few strands on my key board. I have been tested for thyroid, etc and everything came back normal. It has become very difficult to style my hair because it is very long but has thinned out a lot. I have resorted to wearing hats a lot which sucks. I have had several people comment on my thinning hair including friends and my barber.

Long story short I started finasteride a few days ago. My hair already feels healthier. I feel a little off to be honest though, but this might just me being depressed about this hairless thing becoming "real". Ill post some pictures below, let me know what you guys think.

I accidentally created this same post in the hair transplant section. If someone could delete that one it would be great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7b9.jpg

Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	58994Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7b5.jpg

Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	58995Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7bb.jpg

Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	58996Click image for larger version

Name:	14C5DA5F-2E8D-48EE-91A6-22322F56AD29.jpg

Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	58997Click image for larger version

Name:	B19D8EFE-5A1E-45D6-954E-655F0E01EFC6.jpg

Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	58998Click image for larger version

Name:	14BC0D8D-ACFF-4F22-8E5A-6183E163C903.jpg

Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	58999Click image for larger version

Name:	0B099CE4-DB2F-4BBD-B8F3-D0A2E1E12C02.jpg

Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	59000

You look like you have lots of hair and i don't really see a problem but you have no before pictures to compare to. Not sure why you are wearing a hat most guys would kill for what you have. You might have a maturing hairline but other than that i don't see much. Post a earlier picture when you think you had a full head of hair.

Couldn't find a clear picture of my hairline from a few years ago, but I've been tracking this for awhile and it has definitely gotten worse. I wasn't worried about hairless too much until I lost all the weight and went through major sheds.
    About to be the first bald person in my family, it sucks.
    Heres a better picture of my current hairline. My hair is really long so its hard to get a good sense for it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 8-3-18 at 9.21 AM #3.jpg

Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	59002
    Attached Files

Left temple definitely much more receded than right. I also had a nervous habit of running my hand through that area, and have noticed some hair growing in that area over the last month or so. However Im not getting my hopes out, just hope fin can delay my hairless until Im at least out of college. Norwood 3 at 21 feels bad

Most likely the hair you notice growing is hair that is actually miniaturizing. Too soon to see results from propecia and regrowing hair at the hairline is very unlikely. I would also get on rogaine...buy the liquid at walmart, it is cheap but very good quality.

During this period ovo game, it's crucial to look after your physical and mental health. Although dealing with hair loss can be difficult, there are ways to control it.