Propecia and having Kids - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Propecia and having Kids

Its always up for debate this topic.

In my personal experience i spoke to a few Drs at the time my wife and i were contemplating making attempts at having children. I also spoke to several people taking the medication who had no issues with pregnancy.

I had been on finasteride 1mg daily for 10 years with excellent results /response. The secret essentially to my overall success. I decided to continue to take the medication. We conceived TWINS ( boy /girl ) at very first attempt. They are now 11 years old.

So in my opinion finasteride is a fertility drug .. 😄 This is a joke!

I think the reality of the situ is far too much unwarrented negativity placed on the topic and in my opinion simply keep the medication out of reach of pregnant wife as you would a lite bunsen burner. Its not rocket science. I can only speak from personal experience and this is my opinion.

So many attribute finasteride to causing infertility.....Fact of the matter is infertility is sooooooooo common regardless of finasteride so have your eyes open going into it.

Regards

SPEX
    https://spexhair.com
    Last edited by Spex; 09-12-2018 at 05:00 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Oh you spoke to several people? that's very scientific and just prove your h hypothesis.

Please be scientific, Mr. Doctor.

Here's a study that might tell the opposite:

Finasteride use in the male infertility population: effects on semen and hormone parameters.
    Samplaski MK, et al. Fertil Steril. 2013.
    Show full citation
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVE: To determine the degree of improvement in semen parameters after finasteride discontinuation.

DESIGN: A prospective database of men presenting for a fertility evaluation was analyzed for semen and hormone parameters before and after discontinuation of finasteride.

SETTING: A male infertility specialty clinic.

PATIENT(S): Men presenting for fertility evaluation from 2008-2012 on finasteride.

INTERVENTION(S): None.

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S): Semen and hormone parameters before and after discontinuation of finasteride.

RESULT(S): At presentation, 27 (0.6%) of 4,400 men on finasteride. The mean duration of treatment with finasteride was 57.4 months, and mean dose was 1.04 mg/day. There was an average 11.6-fold increase in sperm counts after finasteride discontinuation. Of the men with severe oligospermia (<5 M/mL), 57% had counts increase to >15 M/mL after finasteride cessation. No man had a decrease in sperm count. There was no change in hormone parameters, sperm motility, or sperm morphology.

CONCLUSION(S): Finasteride, even at low doses, may cause reduced sperm counts in some men. In this population, counts improved dramatically for the majority of men after finasteride discontinuation. The hormone parameters, sperm motility, and sperm morphology were unchanged after cessation. Finasteride should be discontinued in subfertile men with oligospermia, and used with caution in men who desire fertility.

Thumbs up

Cheers

Best Regards
    Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Cheers

Best Regards
    Spex
    oh, and the next scientific answer to the raised question about fertility issues with Finasteride

keep the good job going 😂

Hey man

Why so much hate. I wonder who you are ;-)

As I mentioned it’s my opinion and I’m also not a dr but keep hating if you must.

I gave my opinion based on MY experience. Thanks though for adding the info above hence why I said “cheers”

Take care as I’m not engaging you any further as you clearly have a motive which isnt healthy toward me for whatever reason.

Regards
    Spex

Good morning

It wasn't my intention to offend you.

But it's just nonsense that you conclude that Finasteride is not affecting fertility based on you personal experience.

Fin does indeed effect fertility (especially sperm count) for some men based on _scientific_ studies.

best regards

I stopped taking dutasteride for 4 months and then my wife got pregnant. I have seen an article that has me concerned. Could anybody help me with this and make it some more understandable?

Someone who is here for quite a while please. That would be great!
    Please sent me a PM, i really could use some support understanding this.

Yes you cannot use propecia but you need to check with a doctor

Some studies suggest that finasteride may decrease sperm count, motility, melon playground and morphology, while others indicate that these effects may be reversible upon discontinuation of the medication.
    Last edited by lorde; 07-17-2023 at 08:10 PM. Reason: lack

It is essential for individuals considering Propecia and planning to have children to discuss their concerns and intentions with their healthcare provider.