+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ive done my research so I was pretty familiar with what was to happen. That said, reading about it and experiencing it are 2 different things. i had read about the anesthetic being the most painful but it actually is. some of those needles. OW. But that was probably the worst part. there were other minor niggles like, the anasthetic does make you cold afterwards so take something warm.
    I was the only one in there on my days, so it was definitely not a mill but personalized and yes I stayed at the hotel next door which was 5 minutes walk. But someone comes to the hotel to walk you there. theres a mall next door so you can get anything you need close by.
    All the staff were really friendly, and guide you through everything. overall I am happy with how it went. I didnt get any nasty surprises and all the instructions were clear and concise.

I'm only catching up on this thread now, despite me previously posting.

Excellent write up Theo, thank you.

And Karlsch, you're putting my mind at ease re. Dr. K, thank you.

All booked in (a friend is also joining me for an FUE the following day!) for early Jan.

I got loads of into from this forum, so once all is done I will create a write-up from start to finish.

So far, communication with Dr. K's team is good, so that's a bonus. They also didn't try to up-sell the 'premium' package (where Dr K is more involved), I had to request it!

Quote Originally Posted by irishbogger View Post
    I'm only catching up on this thread now, despite me previously posting.

Excellent write up Theo, thank you.

And Karlsch, you're putting my mind at ease re. Dr. K, thank you.

All booked in (a friend is also joining me for an FUE the following day!) for early Jan.

I got loads of into from this forum, so once all is done I will create a write-up from start to finish.

So far, communication with Dr. K's team is good, so that's a bonus. They also didn't try to up-sell the 'premium' package (where Dr K is more involved), I had to request it!
    good luck with it. Im sure youre going to be happy with the result. Just remember it takes a loooonnnnggg time to see anything. Im nearly at 8 weeks in the ugly duck phase just waiting for the growth to start now. have a look at the thread created by spex here https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/230-HT-Info-Pack its full of fantastic information.

Hey mate. I am from Dublin. Did you go for this doctor as I am thinking to get FUE done. Cheers

Hi Irish Blogger. I live in Dublin. Any chance we could speak over whatsapp or phone as I want to go ahead with the procedure. Great to know that someone from Ireland is on this forum. Cheers

Hey guys. I found this thread and very concerned about anyone going to AEK including myself. Think, I wont be going ahead after reading this. What are your thoughts. One of many bad reviews. The person attached all the proofs so defo not a fake review.

https://www.realself.com/review/hair...omment-5672588

SHOW HIM THE MONEY - Nothing else Matters.
    7 Feb 2019
    11 months post
    After having a coronal brow lift I ended up with a high forehead so I went to have a transplant with Dr. Karadeniz last March 2018. I went with him because of the good reviews (which now I think are fake, since no pictures) and because he could do a transplant without having to shave my head. I had a quote for 1700 euros from another clinic in Turkey, when I asked why the price difference they reassured me because the others were 'technician clinics' while Dr. Karadeniz only did 1 transplant a day himself.

He told me I needed 2000 grafts and agreed on a price of 3000 euros they asked me to send 500 euros to secure my date, I am attaching picture of this transfer because in other posts I read that the good Dr says they are not real complaints.

We had a consultation the day before at his office, he made all the right noises and promises and consulted on the right hairline for a natural look etc, but the day of the transplant he was only in the surgery to make the incision and remove the strip of skin, he had another client, a man from USA who we met in the waiting room, so basically the entire transplant was carried out by 5 or 6 so called technicians who actually performed the transplant, the Dr appeared at the end, after 6 hours to give his blessing. Immediately after I had already told him that I was concerned that there were not enough grafts and I looked bald in places, he was extremely rude and defensive, saying it was swelling and results are only visible in 6-12 months, this just after the procedure, which as you all know is pretty painful and this is his post operative care !!!

I also agree with other posts, his staff are rude too, like his second hand car salesman called Omer !! The only exception is Gokce the female assistant. Dr Karadeniz is the absolute epitome of God complex believing his own brochure and his own lies and some divine right to take money from people who come to him in confidence.

When the nurses finished they just said 'finished' and he came back and even then, I complained to him he told me his nurses 'were the best in the world' and that would not affect the result; and when I told him I did not think I had enough coverage at the top of my head he was extremely defensive and rude and threw a piece of paper and pen so I could take notes of the after care. In the price they include shampoo, conditioner and a coverage hat - all I got was a bottle of Johnsons baby shampoo !! to take back to the Hotel Silence which they use for clients. This is not so important but it just shows that he is full of BS and only interested in the money

When my husband came to pick me up to go back to the hotel, he complained immediately and we even returned to the clinic the next morning, in some distress because we were already scared that he had not transplanted enough hair. He said that if the results were not good he would fix it but that he is the best in the world and we should trust him - if I was not so upset I would laugh.

Here I am a year later, with poor density, a complete bald patch on the top of my head and a completely crooked hairline. I have written to him, my husband has written to him asking for a compromise to fix it as promised and after many emails and unanswered phone calls all I got back was that I was a 'negative' person and that my problems where psychological - I am also attaching a screen shot of the email. He is a misogynist I doubt he would give the same reply to a man.
    He asked for professional photos, which we had done and sent him, actually this clinic in Spain estimated that at most there were 1300 transplanted and not the 2000 we paid for and certainly not an amount sufficient to adequately cover the area and have a natural looking result.

So if you are looking to pay for flights to Istanbul, be overcharged, treated like crap, insulted, and leave with a result which makes you embarrased to leave your house then Dr Karadeniz is definitely the guy for you !!!

PS: I gave the Dr 3 weeks before writing this post to offer me some kind of solution & I have never in my life written about positive or negative experiences online but I am so disgusted at him personally, his complete lack of any interest in patients and his money grabbing ways that I sincerely hope that I can prevent even one poor person from experiencing anything like the nightmare he has put me through.I am going to another clinic now to resolve the problem.

Did you go through with the surgery? What are your thoughts on Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz?