+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hi all! I'm 22 to start with the big 3 or not? (PICTURES)

Hi all! I'm 22 years old and have been suffering from a slow frontal hairloss for the past year.
    It's getting noticable, but I'd like to ask for your impressions first.
    I've always had a high hairline even when young. Lately, however, my hairline started to recede further back, and while my crown is in good condition I think, I'm starting to develop a bald patch in the middle of my hairline.

Will Propecia and rogaine foam help me with this kind of hair loss?

Thanks for the help! I'm really on the verge of starting the treatment, I'm just afraid that with my pattern I won't see results and I'll just be screwing with my body.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg

Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	5442   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg

Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	5443   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg

Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	5444   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg

Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	5445   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg

Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	5446   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo34.jpg

Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	5447  

It will help for sure. I would start treatment ASAP.

Make sure you read up on all side effects and properly educate yourself about everything.

Hi all!

It's been 3 years since I last posted here.
    At the end I bought fin and minox and educated myself properly on side effects as I was asked to and that led me to be too afraid to start using them so I threw them away.

I post here pictures of myself to now to ask your opinion as to how to progressed, and ask today what would your recommendations be?

Is there anything subtler than fin I can take? Stuff like revivogen? or saw palmetto?
    I would prefer something with a weaker effect that won't throw my body off balance but I'm getting overwhelmed with the amount of options available!

Just as a side note to add some information to the community, for 2 years after I posted the pictures my status remained the same but in the last year it has worsened a bit, and 2 things I started last year are: 1. only natural baby shampoo and only 3 times a week. 2. tried stopping masturbation forever, of course i keep on failing but my frequency has gone down by a LOT like maybe once or twice a month. I'm currently on a 45 days streak.

Anyways I'm anxious to start taking something, but I would prefer to start small and not go all out fin.
    Please help?

Thank you so much for any help on this!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg

Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	21740  

45 day streak! Pretty impressive.

Hey man I read your story, best thing for you would be the BIG 3 . Nizoral , MInox and finasteride . They are somewhat proven to help. There are also natural products you can take to lower your DHT. You should try 1mg of finasteride every other day , nizoral every 2-3days and minox dailys. I think these would greatly improve your situation . Look into the other threads from this site for more Insight. I'm 26 now and was where you were at 22, but im steadily holding my hair and density with the big 3 . Its been 4 years since ive noticed my hairline receding .

So even though my balding is only at the front and mainly in the middle, It's still worth it to risk taking fin? Are the big 3 expected to help in this case?

So I guess there's no change in the big 3 in the last 3 years huh?

Well like i said , my case is almost identical to yours, my front was thinning and the hairline receding . my crown was still good . but my crown is honestly better now ... Its up to you really man , I just wanted to keep my hair bad enough to start the big 3 .. Like i said i take finasteride Monday-Wednesday and Friday and skip the weekends , 1 mg per dose. which in turn lowers the risk of side effects. nizoral i use every 2 or 3 days . and minox i use once before work and once before i go to bed. I tend to just use minox on my frontal third and not the crown . .. Im just letting you know that that's my treatment protocol and its working still . Ill use it until something proven better is out on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    So even though my balding is only at the front and mainly in the middle, It's still worth it to risk taking fin? Are the big 3 expected to help in this case?

So I guess there's no change in the big 3 in the last 3 years huh?
    I think you should buy two batches, so if you throw them away again, you have an extra batch to get you started.

Just get on finasteride or accept that your hair may or may not continue to deteriorate. Or do the latter and waste money on unproven treatments. Also, where you get your info in fin is going to have a profound effect on the opinion of the drug. Most dudes here will tell you to get on it. Doctors prescribe it to millions of men. Really don't know what else there is to consider.

Thanks guys for the helpful comments!

You convinced me I think I'll order Cipla (it's ok right?)
    And I'll start with Minox after I'll be on fin for a couple of months.

What about blood tests before I start? Will it help with anything?
    I got papers to do a lot of hormonal checks related to testosterone however I can't get blood test for DHT. Apparently they don't check for DHT around here...