+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I balding? Norwood estimate?

Im a 19 year old male. My hairline has always bothered me growing up but I’ve always been able to part it on the side like I wanted it. I just assumed it would just stay that way (I can hide it pretty well with my hair down). As you can see, my widows peak is doing its own thing and I usually do a heavy fade on the side with the part, which makes it difficult for me to tell what’s going on over there.

I didn’t realize I might be losing hair until I couldn’t part my hair the way I wanted to anymore due to the fact that my part was showing a lot more skin and alot of the hair on that side seemed to be practically gone. Also, I’m starting to see ALOT of miniaturized hairs everywhere (I think) and I’m not sure if they’re supposed to come back or not.

My mother’s side of the family has a history of hair loss and my dad’s side has pretty good hair.

Any ideas?

Link to photos: https://imgur.com/a/3YZuH0e

Nothing to worry about dude. Norwood zero from what I can see.Attachment 58549Attachment 58550Click image for larger version

Name:	38007959_448861345617252_2774393382514982912_n.jpg

Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	58551Click image for larger version

Name:	38051042_448861308950589_4832560020203765760_n.jpg

Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	58552

by comparison, i think i'm Norwood 3 vortex. and not sure how long before it's worse.

Thank you for responding! I’m new to this community (I posted this same question on Reddit) so I’m learning as I go.

That’s a relief. Also, good luck on your journey as well!

I didn’t show much of my crown or when my hair was wet so I should see about that too, to be on the safe side.

I parted my hair in a lot of these, which definitely show more scalp than when pushed straight forward. From what I’ve heard, this might be misleading.

https://imgur.com/a/oVceUQi

Quote Originally Posted by Jkm14j View Post
    Thank you for responding! I’m new to this community (I posted this same question on Reddit) so I’m learning as I go.

That’s a relief. Also, good luck on your journey as well!

I didn’t show much of my crown or when my hair was wet so I should see about that too, to be on the safe side.

I parted my hair in a lot of these, which definitely show more scalp than when pushed straight forward. From what I’ve heard, this might be misleading.

https://imgur.com/a/oVceUQi
    Most dudes dream for hair as dense as yours. I can't imagine much changing on your head for 40 years. cheers.