Best SMP artist in the USA? Looking for a soft, natural hairline! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Best SMP artist in the USA? Looking for a soft, natural hairline!

Greetings! Would love/appreciate feedback and advice!
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm in my early 40's, started losing my hair in my late 20's. Have tried pills, vitamins, supplements to no avail. Never had any procedures or surgery. Well, I've been seriously considering SMP in the near future and am not quite sure where to go. I've read so many conflicting things reports about various companies and practitioners in the filed that it all seems pretty overwhelming really.
    I want to go to the best. I will travel anywhere in the United States to make this happen. After all my research, I'm currently seriously considering traveling to go see Matt Lulo with Scalp Micro USA in New York.
    I've since also come across this practitioner Mark Weston, who claims to be the originator of SMP and claims he is the only person who guarantees a one time only application that will last a lifetime. Mark Weston says most of the other SMP companies are hacks and scammers, fixated on getting clients in for repeat treatments for more money.

Anyway, I would love to get any thoughts, feedback and suggestions regarding all of this. Thanks so much in advance, much appreciated.

Matt Lulo results look good but never had anything done with him. Try to talk to patients that had it several years ago from this clinic and see what they think. They should be eager to provide some names so you can speak to them and meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Matt Lulo results look good but never had anything done with him. Try to talk to patients that had it several years ago from this clinic and see what they think. They should be eager to provide some names so you can speak to them and meet them.
    Thank you for responding. I'll call their office and give that a try.

Let us know what they say.

I posted this in a different thread but I noticed the question about Mark Weston...

After doing some due diligence I chose Artistry Concepts Mark Weston to do my SMP. I give Mark a rating of 5 out of 10. Mark did a good job of selling himself and detailing his process. His office was clean and professional. He worked diligently and did the job all in one day.

My concerns came during the SMP process. In conversation, Mark stressed that all other SMP companies are fakes. He validates his statement by saying, he was the first to come up with the process and shows his patented tattoo needle. Additionally, he states that all other SMP companies were overpriced and do poor quality jobs that required numerous visits. I found this type of slander unprofessional and in some cases an outright lie.

Prior to the procedure, you are required to sign a one-sided agreement. This agreement covers Artistry Concepts(AC) and attempts to devoid the consumer of any recourse. Furthermore, the agreement restricts anyone from speaking about their experience at Artistry Concept. Post-procedure you are videotaped during a question and answer session. During the videotaping, the post care process is detailed and additional disclaimers are read.

To get to the point, my first issue is with the ink. The ink does not match my hair color; there is a hint of blue in it. Secondly, the dots that are around my hairline, which are meant to mimic a follicle, are too large. Ultimately, making the job obvious to anyone within 3 feet looking down on your head.

I'm leaving this review because when I was looking for reviews and information about Mark Weston and Artistry Concepts, I only found AC's marketing. The SMP industry is relatively new and many companies are fighting for market share. I don't know if the job would have come out better at a different shop, especially after hearing some horror stores, but I do know that my SMP was okay at best.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like you have what we call a botched job. The large dots can be from the needle size used or the depth of the needle into the scalp, therefore causing a blow out. The right SMP artist can take those big bots and camouflage them. Would love to see the work you have done, I could be of help to you Sir

Did you get the SMP done?

Yes, I did get it done. How would you be able to camouflage the large dots?

I would have to see of photo of what you got going on to make a final determination if I could or not but essentially I would make smaller impressions around the larger ones and it would make them less prominent and blend into everything else.