+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default life is shitty right now...

I'm not a bad guy. In fact, quite the opposite. I need to empower myself because I feel like no one else is helping me out in this department anymore as of this afternoon. I don't love you anymore because you don't love me. I'm scared that I'll spend the rest of my life alone because I've seen it happen before and its never a romantic site to see. How can there be so many people in the world and yet feel so empty when it comes to finding my someone. This is absolutely unfair that I can't have what others have, partly because of my attitude towards myself and my attention to my attitude towards myself. I'm not perfect, but no one is. This is something that can be learned only with age, which is brutal now because I ought to be living and instead I'm sinking, with no safety raft in site anywhere. I love being outside, I love playing guitar, I love cannabis, I love to feel wanted and sometimes even needed. I've never been a fan of lemmings, and feel like they are only pawns in a much greater game being played by our brilliant ignorance. Society loves football and shopping, and I don't. Everyone looks so effortlessly beautiful in their youth and sometimes I have a hard time convincing myself that I just look normal. What a test in life to be able to have beaten, if it can be beaten at all. I'm done with hoping tomorrow will be better because I could die tomorrow, and my yesterday will have been worth little, always praying upon the tomorrow that never arrived. Safety is real but hardly advocated and I feel like sometimes I need to feel safe. Life is so scary sometimes and so unbearably painful too. I do have good days and bad days, but lately I feel like the bad are outweighing the good based on life experiences thus far in my early life. Good news is there is only one way up from down here. My ideal situation involves a beautiful woman on a beautiful day, in a summer dress with no make up. Just my camping beauty that only I have access to. It hurts to not be able to find her right now though, although I sometimes feel like I'm hardly looking anymore because of my own issues about my appearance to the world. I need her now the most. I hope she finds me soon.

I know how you feel. It's all really retarded.

Lately my hair has been getting a lot better...my regimen is really working...yay me. But what about all the other people out there? What if my regimen didn't work? Stops working?

Really though... I took my hair for granted when I still had a lot of it. Today I have great hair compared to anyone who is going bald..but it definitely much worse than someone in their teens.

I am glad I finally got completely obsessed about it and did some reading. It's still a really sad thing. What about the people in norwood 6 that feel like I felt? Do they just wait until they no longer care?

From my experience most people are pretty much the same... they all want to be appreciated and with hair loss....dammit

I can tell how my attitude towards life and my emotional status is picking up a lot since my hair is getting so much better lately. It's a miracle... I didn't think it would get this much better. It is still improving and if I am right I will have awesome hair if I grow it out...yay me.... I spend all my time and money on this crap so I guess something good should happen.

Time passes pretty quick man. Brace yourself and just be tough. Don't let it beat you up... Better treatments and cures are definitely on the way. You won't but blink and then they will be available. Time felt is only the present. It will be before your eyes soon enough. Your job right now is just to work hard in life and do what you can. Life is still awesome no matter what. There really is hope man. Just succeed otherwise...I know it's tough, but you can do it.

Good luck man...

Have a look at 'change your life in seven days' by paul mckenna.....
    Its a great way to alter your perception on yourself and also others around you.
    Obviously the seven days thing is a marketing gimmick, but stick to it over a month or so and see the difference it makes..

Quote Originally Posted by jooder View Post
    Have a look at 'change your life in seven days' by paul mckenna.....
    Its a great way to alter your perception on yourself and also others around you.
    Obviously the seven days thing is a marketing gimmick, but stick to it over a month or so and see the difference it makes..
    Yeah I heard of another book too that is really good, "How to live a shitty life and successfully delude yourself into thinking hair loss is not a big deal. IN ONLY 1 month."

I am sorry man but I doubt my mind can EVER accept this ****ing nonsense.

I suggested the book because it seems to me that he also has other issues going on in his life...... he seems very unhappy....... and learning to be happy with your self has to be the first step in overcoming this. Reading a book may be a first step towards that.
    Keep the hair - sometimes smearing chemicals all over your head doesnt bring you true happiness....life is about more than that. Given your age its maybe understandable that you think you know it all. Maybe consider giving someone who is very depressed constructive advice...... not just advocating the use of a drug which has depression as one of the potential side effects.

Man, I know my reply was retarded and rude. I am just sick of people telling me it's in my head and crap like that.

I just wish that the damn treatments would have been more popular and better understood by the general public so that I could have started using it earlier. That way... many people could have saved hair. But everyone starts the damn treatments AFTER several years of denial. ..................

Dammit.

Well, my advice is...get money fix the hair and then be happy. Because I am very sure the hair loss is the cause and not just whatever else a book can supposedly fix..

edit: yeah, and I apologize

Keep the hair - no problem. I guess we are both trying to help the guy in our own way : )
    For some people, fixing their hair issues alone may bring them the increased confidence they desire. A lot of people though become addicted to negative feelings in general, and the cycle can be hard to break.

I have major mental issues with my hair as well, I feel your pain, on concealers, embarrassed to have a relationship, about to shave my head....however; if this is the biggest problem you have consider yourself lucky. As bad as I get with my hair problem, I see people everyday who my heart goes out to and it makes me think I am in fact lucky.

The reason I don't like the pop-psychology when it comes to hair loss is because it attempts to make something very simple extremely complicated.

I can explain my mental state in a few sentences, like this:

2002: Full head of hair. Happy.

2003: Receding hairline. Not as happy.

2004-2009: Hair all over top of head thinner. Very unhappy, zero confidence.

2010: 'Thinner' becoming definitely bald. Extremely unhappy, but learned to be confidence about other things over the past six years so slightly better in that regard.

Future: Likely to be bald all over. Extremely depressing. However, some very promising products available. Extremely optimistic.

Now, that's a lot easier than the endless paragraphs of misplaced optimism that we hear from others. It's okay and healthy to be depressed about baldness, because baldness is depressing. Don't feel like you have to dramatically change your life to cope with it. Don't start running off to the gym or waste time and money on your appearance; that's all just a futile waste of life. Just get on the big three, then just go on with life as it was before.

The interaction with others is also far more simple than people sometimes like to suggest. It can be summed up in one line. Mature people don't consciously care about your hair loss, but sub-consciously they do. (I guess that's why so many women post that bald is sexy on the internet, then go out with a man with hair)!

So, for example, when you go for a job interview, especially if the interviewer is a man, they're not going to give a damn about what you look like, only how much you could be worth to the company. But, sub consciously, their brain will trick them into believing better looking people will be worth more. However, their brain will only be tricked into thinking this if the candidate is so stunning that they just ooze charisma, and even then they might be considered a threat and potential rival!

I really don't know how this plays into other social interactions.

But then I think this is what I've learned recently. Being bald and therefore ugly is not necessarily a bad thing, provided you know how to use it to your advantage. Sure, you'll occasionally miss the big job opportunity or not get the girl you wanted, but then it'll open doors to working and living with people who don't care about your appearance. In other words, being balding has become a license for me to become a slob! And it's great.

Also, because I'm bald, people have lower expectations of me, so I don't have to work very hard to exceed those expectations. Also great.

Best of all, despite being in a dead end job with low expectations, I don't have to care anymore, because despite that I've still done the best I possibly could with the crap cards I was dealt. So I am satisfied.

Wow, this thread is so depressing... Guys, get over it.

YOUR THOUGHT PROCESSES are the cause of your problems, not your baldness.