+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shedding on Finasteride/Regenpure shampoo?

*I originally posted this in a different sub-forum, but I didn't get many replies because I posted it in the wrong one*

I have been using Finasteride and Regenpure shampoo for almost 2 months now. I still have a lot of shedding. I have noticed I have less shedding when I actually run my fingers through my hair than before I started my regimen. In the shower it is a completely different story. My hands are usually covered in strands of hair!

Is this normal? I always hear shedding is normal on Minoxidil, but I am not using that. It is definitely freaking me out! I hope this is normal. "KeepTheHair" started his regimen about the same time I did, but he has minoxidil in his regimen and I don't. I don't think I could succeed using minoxidil because it seems like a huge hassle and I am hoping finasteride/shampoo is good enough.

Shedding on finasteride is quite common and only temporary. It's likely that your follicles are responding to the drug and shutting down their current growth cycle to begin a new one in which new, healthier hair will grow. The shedding you are experiencing should stop and reverse by the 3rd or 4th month and the new hair should grow back thicker and stronger.

I've been on Fin for about 7 months and have been continuously shedding. Guess everyone responds different.

If you want help you should mention your entire regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    If you want help you should mention your entire regimen.
    My regimen is just what I said. Regenepure NT/DR every other day and Finasteride daily.

BTW, I never got an email back from you regarding your progress pics.

I hope this does pass by 3/4 months!

Adam, im in the same boat as you. Im also on finasteride and im still shedding almost one month in. Its just the fear of not knowing what will happen.. It sucks. I've noticed that recently i've only been shedding very thin hairs that doesn't have as much color as the rest. Don't really know if thats negative or positive.

But anyway, good luck

Sorry Adam, I meant the other guy's regimen.

As for the progress pics. I will compile some that I can send out to people who ask me. I don't check that email address at all because it is just a fake one created out of paranoia. lol Thanks for the interest.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Sorry Adam, I meant the other guy's regimen.
    My regimen is just the basic 3: Fin 1.25mg daily, Minox 1 ml x 2, and Nizoral 1% 3x a week.

Been on Minox 9 months and Fin 7 months.
    Shedding began 2 weeks into the Minox treatment followed by improvement of hair quality. The shedding started to slow down then I added Fin and shedding picked up again to a continuos 70+ hairs every day/shampoo rinse. Its occurring diffusely including the sides. I began the Minox for slight thinning in the frontal area but ever since I've added Fin the crown area has deteriorated rapidly.

According to Dr Lee Fin causes TE in a select few. I'm going to add RU58841 to my regimen sometime in July to see if it has any effect on the shedding.

Yeah, I read that on his website. You will probably just have to ride it out. I don't know if adding that is a good idea man. Very few safety tests and so on. Perhaps try spironolactone rather until others try that and it has some more safety behind it. I really want to try it as well but I don't know yet.

I gave the Spiro 5% cream a try for about 3 weeks and by the second week my shedding increased to about 180 hairs per day/shampoo. Lol haven't had much luck but we'll see what the future holds in store.