+ Reply to Thread

Default Quick Background - Brief Gripefest - Bio-matrix Related ?

Welp, how is everybody? Bet y’all would feel A LOT better if you weren’t members here, I know I would… However, that is no reflection of the fact that this community is very helpful and supportive, and that there’s a lot of great information and energy here.

With that said, my hairline sucks. In my mid 30’s now and say since my mid 20’s I began to recede and thin throughout. It hasn’t gotten much worse, but it’s never going in reverse either, unless I do something about it. Honestly I could live with the high hairline, but it’s how it thinned out on top that gets me, and that my hair is already fine to begin with which makes it that much worse.

Treatment wise, I tried Rogaine foam back in the day, which did nothing. And I also wear hats, a lot. So that’s my history pretty much. (Okay I’m also using biotin shampoo and pills but so far so meh.) Like most people in general, we’re always our own worst enemy when it comes to our appearances… At least I am. Last June I Mister Cleaned my head and didn’t hate it, but didn’t love it either.

I’m pretty open about it, self depreciating and all around happy to bust my own balls with my friends family and coworkers; but it also really sucks and just kills my confidence. Sure I’m a gym guy and have a beard but still, it sucks.

So, that’s my story essentially. (Leaving out a few things no doubt, but the gist and all that!) Now, having said all that, there’s definitely no kitty for any serious hair transplant \ replacement \ therapy, at least at the moment. However I’ve always been interested in the bio-matrix or other hair replacement \ similar options. I haven’t seen much on the bio-matrix lately but still curious about that, or what else is out there... Though one thing I find ironic \ worrisome is that I may have too much hair still that may interfere with a piece.

Either way, happy to answer any questions but would love just some general options, examples, or shoulders to cry on… Also any tiny violins would be swell too!

Okay I grant you I was wordy but, anything? :}

Nothing?