+ Reply to Thread

Default HELP. Not sure if MPB or naturally high hairline. Anxiety is driving me insane.

I have always had a pretty high hairline, always had a little widows peak since I was a baby, and somewhat of the large V on the temples. I’m having a hard time telling if these Vs are really getting larger due to MPB, or some natural recession, or if they’re even bigger at all. One of the pictures shows the top where I have a cowlick that I think my barber just kind of chops, so I can’t tell if that’s crown thinning or not.

It’s really stressing me out as I am single and 25 - i’d like to know if I should begin exploring some options here. Can anyone offer some expertise or experience to what I’m seeing here? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BA2FE201-ED57-4E2B-97AD-84E3017A3FA6.jpg

Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	58362   Click image for larger version

Name:	8DD2C420-05B0-48D4-9664-B191428668DD.jpg

Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	58363   Click image for larger version

Name:	06B727FA-8511-4400-B4B1-1177ECC346ED.jpg

Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	58364   Click image for larger version

Name:	D3559356-2D52-4085-AE18-260068915E3E.jpg

Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	58365  

High hairlines are not unusual. The idea is to follow it, and see if there is progression.

Consult a good doctor. He will be able to tell you whether you are balding or not. I have seen some of the very idiotic suggestions by BaldBeard.

Quote Originally Posted by robincurtz View Post
    Consult a good doctor. He will be able to tell you whether you are balding or not. I have seen some of the very idiotic suggestions by BaldBeard.
    Actually, I tend to suggest that folks GO to the dr, and not rely on IDIOTIC suggestions from internet trolls, like yourself.

Excuse my ignorance on the subject, but is a dermatologist typically where one would want to go for a consult on this?

Yes. It's mostly a dermatologist although some times even a GP can help if the hair loss is caused by something other than genetics (hereditary cause).

Man I tell you, anxiety and stress will destroy your hair (cause it to fall out) and if you're destined to be bald that hair will never grow back. I know this for a fact because it happened to me.

I'd say definitely see someone who knows what they're talking about but you're probably at the start of MPB tbh. You hairline is at the stage where I was when I was 25 - start of Norwood 2. I'm now 37 still with a Norwood 2 (Norwood 2a at the worst) with some thinning on the crown/Vertex.

You may be thinning very slightly at the crown but it's not worth getting anxious about. In all honesty, you've still probably got 85-90% of your hair left from when you were a teenager. There are many in a worse position than you.

You're certainly not going to be Norwood 4 or 5 any time soon.